Strategic Account Executive - Telecommute (106132868)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Great sales are the result of solid purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others.
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) within the TPA team serves as the strategic account team lead representative between OptumRx and an assigned portfolio of clients. In your role you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the client contract, relationship development, client growth, retention, and satisfaction. This position requires a high-performing individual with proven leadership skills and a comprehensive understanding of the PBM environment and broader healthcare system. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, the ability to build solid relationships with key decision makers of each client, and solid organizational skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for understanding the primary business objectives of the client, developing, and managing shared goals, and demonstrating program value to the client
- Understands OptumRx product and service offering, and can articulate the operational, clinical and financial value of our programs to the client across multiple stakeholders with the goal of deploying new programs and services
- Manages client contract renewal activities with the primary goals of retaining client, obtaining multiple year agreements and maintaining or improving profitability
- Maintains consistent and regular client communications
- Prioritizes and conducts regular performance review meetings as appropriate to proactively review team performance, client benefits, drug utilization and trend management strategies
- Responds to all inquiries from the client’s staff within twenty-four hours of receipt or two hours for urgent inquiries
- Maintains a complete understanding of client contract terms including the reporting of applicable performance guarantees and managing service improvements; ensures that all assigned contracts are monitored and reported as stated in the terms
- Documents all client related activities as directed into the approved documents and or application
- Leads and mentors account management team members; specific topics may include the creation and delivery of client presentations, upsell techniques, implementation activities and daily client interaction
- Stays abreast of industry trends and developments and demonstrates solid communication skills in presenting these to client and key stakeholders; demonstrates expertise in pharmacy benefit strategies and OptumRx clinical programs
- Provides leadership to client services team members in departmental and corporate initiatives
- Provides regular feedback to management team regarding client metrics, client requirements and business development opportunities
- Regularly attends and actively participates in company meetings as requested
- Participates in best and final sales activities as appropriate
- Exhibits compliant and ethical behavior in the performance of job responsibilities, including complying with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, OptumRx Code of Conduct, Business Ethics Policies and Procedures and other policies and procedures applicable to position
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet corporate objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in client relationship management or Account Management; Or experienced professional with a passion for exceeding client expectations and building relationships and trust
- Experience cross-selling / upselling products to customers
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office
- Proven solid negotiation skills and proficiency in being consultative on programs and services that add value for clients
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry and Employee benefits
- Ability to Travel 25% to visit client base which can be Nationwide
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working with Third Party Administration
- Experience in Salesforce
- Experience with solid oral and written communication
- Client-facing presentation experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinker who looks for solutions to problems and objectives
- Proven solid organization skills
- Proficiency in documenting, tracking and prioritizing client needs and the actions to meet them
- Proven motivated self-learner who seeks information, makes time to access and use resources provided, and seeks to improve resources for the team where there is opportunity; Strength in working in self-motivated environment with limited supervision
- Demonstrated leader and influencer that sets the stage for client success for your team and the broader organization
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.