Business Sales Account Executive ( 599605-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
With your sales expertise, excellent customer relations skills, and excitement for technology, you'll deliver outstanding and innovative business solutions that support our technology evolution and change the way businesses connect. Whether you're continuously hunting and prospecting for new business or growing existing accounts, you'll consult with customers to identify their business challenges and recommend tailored solutions to solve them-—and ultimately deliver a powerful return for customers while improving their business and growing our revenue.
- Developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling, partner-selling, lead-generation campaigns and modern social selling techniques.
- Gaining new business and incremental revenue to meet sales targets.
- Retaining, managing and growing the existing customer base.
- Educating and exciting customers while leveraging innovative business solutions.
- Building relationships with key decision makers.
- Presenting and creating multi product solution opportunities.
- Understanding and selling groundbreaking integrated software solutions including; Cloud, Security, ISP, VoIP and Google platforms.
- Tracking and reporting progress through sales force automation tools.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a self-motivated person who thrives on crafting the right solution to solve a client’s problems. And you are great at explaining how complex technology can solve everyday business problems—in language people understand. Cold-calling feels like a sport to you because meeting new people and discovering their needs is what you enjoy. People seek you out for advice and counsel. You seek to win and take the initiative to close deals and help others around you. You act with integrity. You know that when the team wins, we all win.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in outside sales, prospecting and negotiation.
- Willingness to travel within your assigned geographic area.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of Motor Vehicle Record check.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree - Associates or Bachelor's Degree or related certifications/college courses.
- Two or more years of business-to-business or outside sales experience, including business acquisition and prospecting/cold calling.
- Technology sales and educational experience i.e. SaaS sales experience, CRM, SalesForce or other client management tools, social media, etc.
- Strong presentation skills in a face to face and virtual environment.
- Experience building and maintaining strong business relationships with all levels of client organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong success in managing your time and prioritizing tasks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to implement feedback and tailor your approach for success.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 75% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).