Specialty Benefits, Senior Account Executive - Seattle, WA (106836182)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary responsibility of the Specialty Benefit, Senior Account Manager, is to work with the AE/SAE to promote specialty product sales and persistency in the marketplace. The AE will be accountable for delivering the specialty sales goal for the assigned market and will be involved in external marketing and be a subject matter expert to promote specialty employer paid and voluntary products. These positions will be aligned with the market segment.
This role is focused on external and internal activities to support the specialty sales goal including:
Being responsible for full oversight of the specialty sale at the direction of the AE/SAE to achieve health plan market sales goals and maintain profitability. Advocate for specialty voluntary products to support increase in enrollment and size of sale and negotiate based on broker/customer feedback with underwriting; leveraging rate bank, product discount programs and packaged savings to leverage the best value to the customer. Consult with AE/RAC/SAE on strategy calls related to specialty products and process and develop and/or deliver finalist and large broker presentations as specialty subject matter expert.
- Conduct in-depth presentations in market.
- Create and drive strategies for top specialty producing agencies and Brokers.
- Collaborate with Sales Management and/or Health Plan leadership regarding pipeline, persistency, market objectives and develop competitive strategies with specific Brokers / General Agents.
- Work collaboratively with AE/RAC/SAE to support sales, product and process education, and training on employer paid and voluntary specialty products.
- This position works collaboratively with Generalist AE on external sales calls representing ancillary product offerings
- Conduit for communication on specialty topics including marketing initiatives that AE/RAC/SAE should be promoting (i.e. product updates, bonus programs, rate cards, drip marketing, etc).
- Educates sales support on quoting plan designs & product pre-implementation.
- Develop business relationships with AE/RAC/SAE as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in order to increase specialty sales.
- Assisting AE/RAC/SAE in developing sales proposals, including anticipating competing products and distinguishing UHC's products from those competing products.
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in their market segment, including competitive products; applies independent judgment to recommend products for a given customer's situation.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sales insurance license(s) must be maintained as required by state law.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Solid organizational skills, ability to balance multiple priorities, objectives, and customer obligations through time management skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and producer relationships with a customer focused approach
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of experience in sales or account management in the insurance industry with specialty products
- Existing broker and/or consultant relationships in the marketplace highly valued.
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals, particularly with specialty products
- Very strong organizational skills are key to balancing multiple priorities, objectives and customer obligations and time management skills critical to success
- Relationship Building and Influence and the ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Ability to navigate UnitedHealthcare internal departments to produce positive service results for clients and the company
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.