Strategic Account Executive - Englewood, CO (111675396)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Forge relationships with key customers and consultants, and act as main contact for UnitedHealthcare and as “CEO” of their account
- Renew the customer year over year in the 10-300 lives Level Funding segment
- Clearly demonstrate the value propositions for specialty and ancillary business to improve customer growth and retention
- Develop and monitor client financial performance, including renewal planning and negotiation
- Act as account management team lead, providing direction and support as required
- Exceed objectives for customer and broker satisfaction, persistency, and for developing new business with existing accounts
- Secure new business through marketing and effective product and service expansion
- Work with Account Executives to win new business and to participate in finalist presentations and RFP activity
- Become a subject matter expert of products, service and technology for customers and brokers
- Demonstrate sales, marketing, and technical expertise in customer and broker meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Colorado Insurance license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Ability to be visible in the market by meeting with Brokers and Customers in person quarterly to establish, cultivate, influence, and manage relationships
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of strategic and consultative selling experience within the Insurance industry
- Experience working with brokers and consultants, especially for Key Accounts (10-300 employee) groups
- Solid working knowledge of UHC's portfolio of products, marketing and managed care knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of business planning and financial / underwriting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (internally/externally)
- Proven ability to navigate an often ambiguous and complex organization to resolve customer issues
- Solid negotiation and leadership skills
- Ability to create a strategic vision and plan its implementation
- Solid team player and Customer Focused
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $60,000 to $115,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.