KA Specialty Strategic Account Executive - Phoenix, AZ
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Account Executive within the Specialty Benefits group is responsible for the overall management of a book of business which involves the performance of a variety of account management functions related to the continued growth, profitability, and retention of quality business and development of solid relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage client relationships in Specialty Benefits Key Accounts. Client size is 51-3000 employees with product lines including Life, DI, Dental and Vision
- Manage the relationships from implementation and ongoing renewal process including upselling
- Maintain client, broker and internal relationships to maximize persistency
- Responsible for Implementation of all new business, ongoing service and renewals in assigned territory
- Educate customers and producers on organization capabilities and enhancements
- Develop and implement pro-active am plans for each client and overall plan management from service to renewal to achieve persistency results
- Attends enrollment meeting and benefit fairs as required
- Coordinate and influence superior customer service delivery by developing and maintaining strong intercompany relationships
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with assigned customers and consultants; act as main contact for UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits
- Develop and monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation, persistency, and profitability levels
- Participate actively in the renewal process including profiling the group, utilization review and interpretation, identification of appropriate alternative plan, pricing or funding options, preparing and presenting reliable and defensible renewal presentations, and negotiating with underwriting and key stakeholders including the local health plan, consultants, and clients
- Consistently meet persistency targets for assigned book of business
- Identify and qualify upsell opportunities on existing book of business to enable the Sales team to expand Specialty Benefits product penetration
- Develop and execute on strategic business plans for assigned book of business and regularly report results to the Director of Account Management
- Maintain consistent 'touch points' with clients and consultants including monthly, quarterly, or annual meetings
- Participate in all major finalist presentations and RFP/upsell situations
- Recognized as subject matter expert for ancillary products, service, capabilities, and technology.
- Maintain a high level of ancillary industry knowledge
- Responsible for training and updating information related to customers across UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits
- Performance driven: delivers exceptional performance; strives to achieve stretch objectives; focuses on results, not efforts
- High-Velocity Change: drives initiatives to achieve organizational targets; able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
- Operating Efficiency: focuses on execution, removing obstacles and distractions, develops new processes to enhance efficiency and performance. Effectively understands use of data to effect positive change in utilization patterns
- Top-performing employees are our greatest asset: fosters a competitive environment and serves as a role model to other employees
- Self-motivated: maintains a high level of work quality, focuses of detail and in dependable in meeting commitments and fulfilling obligations
- Cutting Edge: Consistently demonstrates ability to act and react swiftly to challenges
- Build Value to Customers: Builds and strengthens customer relationships; finds better ways to meet customer needs; acts ethically, maintaining the highest personal and professional integrity
- Accountability through Matrix Management: Works effectively within the matrix, promoting trust and communications across the business segments; collaboratively builds strong relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills; networks outside and inside the organization and builds positive relationships with key individuals and groups.
- Organizational and Personal Influencing Skills: Creates, builds, and maintains relationships that enhance the performance of the business, including those outside direct control. Obtains commitments from individuals or groups to ensure organization's success. Ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- AZ Life and Health insurance license or ability to obtain within 60 days
- 2+ years of Account Management experience managing and renewing a book of business for ancillary or medical products
- 2+ years of experience developing strong relationships with key client/broker decision-makers
- 2+ years insurance experience
- 2+ years of experience working in partnership with claims, marketing and customer service
- 2+ years of experience utilizing MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of ability to deliver high level of customer service and proven track record of following through with assignments
- Experience in ancillary insurance lines
- Valid driver's license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field
- 2+ years of experience handling complex and difficult accounts
- Solid relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines and resolves complex client issues
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.