National Account Executive - Nationwide (2215840)
National Account Executive - Nationwide (Job Number: 2215840 )
The National Account Executive is responsible at a national level for securing new business from companies currently not using Penske as well as upselling to in-house domestic accounts to increase Penske wallet share. We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort to achieve goals.
The candidate should be able to use a consultative sales approach to gain business. The NAE will be required to design solutions for prospect customers and onboard new customer effectively to hand off to operations team.
Experience from an international NVOCC and/or airfreight background is required. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of inside and outside sales techniques and procedures. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5 years or more of experience in the logistics / freight forwarding industry
- Hands on experience of international air/ocean & import/export
- Preferred to have current IATA dangerous goods certification & STA status
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in collaborating across multiple departments to achieve goals
- Must have strong attention to detail and effective communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.National Account Executive
Req ID: 2215840