Strategic Account Executive – Utility Spatial Analytics ( R-00045902-OTHLOC-PL-2D0649 )
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
• Opportunity to lead, grow, and inspire a dynamic team
• Leadership training
• Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to:
• Participate in strategic development of solutions
• Contribute to an expanding portfolio of business
• Partner with leading utilities across the nation
Leidos is seeking a highly experienced Strategic Account Executive to serve as the lead Leidos official responsible for building and advancing trusted relationships in the U.S. electric utility spatial analytics space.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years in utility and/or engineering services market at a very senior/executive/expert level.
• Recognized industry leader in the digital asset management market space, preferably with a high level of utility industry visibility.
• Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-unit project or program teams or manage across multiple functions.
• Must possess a successful track record in the following areas:
o Experience developing and implementing market level strategies.
o Demonstrated record of building relationships and successfully breaking into new markets.
o Ability to connect with technical decision makers/buyers/user and their needs.
o Recognized as an effective leader in a highly “matrixed” environment.
o Proven ability to work in a multi-faceted organization.
o Developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and government agencies at all levels is essential.
o Demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and quickly apply ideas to help direct solution development for opportunities to support quantitative top line growth numbers.
o Ability to track changing needs and match Leidos' wide range of capabilities to these needs.
o Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
Work across all sectors and functions to ensure complete and consistent customer messaging for executive-level engagements to support program goals and objectives. This includes identifying, qualifying, and supporting capture and closure on utility spatial analytics business opportunities; facilitating needs identification; engaging and coordinating with strategic partners, and; providing significant thought leadership in the utility spatial analytics space with the intent of promoting Leidos solutions.
• Develop and strengthen a trusted relationship with customers while serving as the primary Leidos senior voice to that customer.
• Ensure a coherent, integrated Leidos message to customers while promoting corporate capabilities and solutions to meet customer needs.
• Build, improve and manage significant key individual customer relationships.
• Promote/introduce corporate capabilities and solutions to the customer (leverage internal teaming to introduce new service and solution offerings). Take a bigger view of Leidos and the market.
• Identify and promote utility spatial analytics opportunities in various business markets.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of both the customer’s and Leidos’ business.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape (including competitors/teaming partners).
• Develop and track a strategic Call Plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
• Define Leidos to customers by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
• Define the customer to Leidos by ensuring Leidos understands customer needs, budget and spend cycle.
• Communicate information horizontally across all Leidos Operations and Groups to aid in their business development and program execution.
• Communicate internally across Leidos to facilitate planning and execution while disseminating opportunity information and tracking emerging opportunities, issues and results.
• Establish a collaboration and information reporting capability to support customer information and track emerging opportunities, issues and results.
• Provide senior customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Leidos performance.
• Effectively communicate with executive and board level personnel both within Leidos and within the utility market (Fortune 500 level executives).
• Coordinate within an account management team in creating, distributing and updating a strategic Account Management Plan that shapes/supports corporate strategic and annual planning efforts for the customer.
• Assess direction, trends and strategic opportunities in the 3-5 year time horizon providing results to strategic captures and campaigns, and to internal leaders.
• Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business.
• Contribute to Corporate Competitive Intelligence efforts by providing insights, assessments and recommendations on competitor activities, intentions and trends.
• Coordinate and attend meetings with line management to identify and shape strategic approaches to the international market.
• Actively contribute to the development of new ideas and solutions to capture new business to increase Leidos’ market share.
• Work with designated capture and campaign teams to shape customer opportunities.
• Grow the pipeline of qualified targets.
General Account Oversight:
• Manage account-specific resources to the budgets established in the Account Management Plan.
• Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to the line organizations.
• Facilitate, with account line management, the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues.
Key personal attributes for success in this role are: Self-reliance. Self-starter. Highly capable communicator at all levels, up to and including C-Suite industry leaders, on an interpersonal and wide audience basis. Team builder. Team-first orientation. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
PDSDLINEExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Business DevelopmentPay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00