EAD/Executive Account Director - North Central (2103572)
EAD/Executive Account Director - North Central - ( 2103572 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
The responsibility of the Executive Account Director (EAD) is to initiate, cultivate and bring to fruition institutional level partnerships recommending pan-Pearson courseware and services offerings to meet the institution’s strategic needs. The EAD works in partnership with the courseware sales team and the Professional Services team for existing agreements and the National IA model for new engagements, to cultivate and establish partnerships that help higher education institutions launch, operationalize and grow the Inclusive Access model.
The key accountabilities for the role include:
Achieve or exceed targets.
Develop and grow a pipeline of potential institutional customers based on revenue and readiness criteria in partnership with District Managers, VP of Sales along with the services and business operations teams.
Strategize and collaborate with Courseware District Managers and VP of Sales to develop account plans and define and orchestrate courseware sales strategy to maximize Inclusive Access, gain share, and maximize.
Consult with institutional stakeholders to provide expert advice on processes, potential third party partners and commitments necessary for institutions to successfully launch and grow Inclusive Access.
Engage Professional Services team for delivery and implementation scoping of IA deals as well as new services offers that will expand Pearson footprint and drive account growth.
Negotiate and finalize new agreements and renewals working in partnership with the deal desk when P&L approval is required, to optimize revenue.
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 50% travel. Ideal candidate would be located in the territory. Relocation not available for this position.
Set strategic vision for their target accounts
Continuously research, learn, understand and network with all key institutional stakeholders in decision-making positions and ensure a deep understanding of customer critical success factors such that they become an integral business consulting partner at institutions as they seek to meet their internal goals.
Effectively conduct and manage all phases and aspects of consultative selling: discovery, analysis, synthesis, business solution definition and presentation, and negotiation. Developing and executing on strategic account plans is a critical component of this role.
Work with customers to co-create business solutions using the suite of Pearson enterprise level products and service capabilities that will help customers achieve their goals and drive revenue growth for Pearson.
Work in close partnership with the Professional Services Team to continuously use qualitative decision criteria to evaluate the viability and customer readiness for each opportunity and make collaborative decisions to pursue only those that fit the mission, purpose, feasibility, and profitability metrics.
Serve as the Professional Services Team escalation point into the institution (as needed) to resolve any obstacles to a successful implementation and roll out.
Actively partner with the Courseware Sales Reps, Digital Sales Specialists and District Managers to develop relationships and opportunities within the territory to increase pipeline opportunities and drive new partnership closed deals.
Actively partner with the Courseware Sales Reps, Digital Sales Specialists, and District Managers to drive maximum scale in the IA model and develop account plans that deliver customer value, learner progression, share gain, and revenue growth.
Partner with Digital Sales Specialists to expand opportunities within professional programs (i.e., Schools of Business, Education, Social Work, Engineering, Nursing) and foster additional D-suite relationships aimed at account growth.
Demonstrate leadership in account planning and execution process by collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders involved in order to ensure advancement of the opportunity. Demonstrate effective and efficient use of OneCRM and sales tools; ensure accuracy. Use data and insights to inform account plans and activity.
Manage customer expectations to ensure they align with Pearson’s ability to deliver what is needed.
Summarize and communicate follow-ups and next steps for every interaction with prospects and internal partners including respectful requests for confirmation.
Stay current to communicate internally and externally on key issues in the Higher Education sector, state-wide legislative issues and at each key institution they are partnered with within the territory.
Be a strong team player within their regional sales team by contributing regularly in team settings and recognizing other team members for their support.
Meet or exceed targets as outlined in the incentive plan.#LI-POST
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of increasingly successful sales achievement.
- Experience selling complex business solutions in the higher education market with demonstrated capability around negotiating and engaging at executive level.
- Ability to quickly engage with and understand departmental/divisional/executive positions, effectively communicate those to internal stakeholders and respectfully guide internal resources to obtain a positive result for the customer and revenue growth for Pearson.
- Outstanding track record of defining an effective sales plan and achieving its implementation and execution.
- Strong business acumen: Proficient in sales account planning and execution; understands financial models and is able to create the P&L’s that support those models, using data to inform the development and execution of account plans.
- Accomplished in identifying client critical success factors and needs that drive buying behavior, coordinating decision processes and consulting within the Higher Education institutional framework.
- Holistic Solution Thinking: Possesses a high level of comfort working with complex situations where numerous sources of information must be integrated and interpreted. Demonstrated ability to make connections between issues that arise and feasible solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly understand partnership metrics, define and develop opportunities from sales calls and subsequently create and negotiate contracts or amendments with efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and interpret key data points in pursuit of new opportunities. Also skilled at identifying, organizing and presenting the necessary data required to support approval of opportunities. Strong value articulation skills.
- Strategic: Demonstrated ability to apply strategic and creative thinking when presented with ambiguous opportunities, and able to be analytical in pursuit of new opportunities.
- Record of informal and/or formal leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an effective team where there is shared “ownership” of meeting customer’s needs and delivering outcomes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, CRM, Sales Reporting and light project management tools.
- Executive presence
- Achievement-driven – determination/drive/desire to achieve results
- Strong value articulation skills and consultative sales skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/ability to spot opportunities
- Creative solutioning and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, oral and presentational communication skills
- Strong sense of purpose and vision
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Has an inherent ability to build trusting relationships with customers and internal staff and then to maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
- Collaborative Leadership skills: Ability to both lead a team and work as an effective team player
- Change agility – able to adapt quickly; quick on their feet
- Learning agility – ability to quickly learn and understand customer needs at all levels and then communicate those professionally with internal collaborators to obtain a positive result for the customer; aptitude for learning new technologies and service offerings
- Initiative-taking; self-directed; coachable
- Organized with ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Tenacity, resilience and ability to handle stressful situations
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Business development experience
- High degree of comfort in solution, publisher and technology sales
- Experienced with overcoming failure or adversity
Primary Location : US-Missouri
Other Locations : US-Iowa, US-Ohio
Job : Sales
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 15, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2103572