Strategic Account Executive - Cyber Operations and Cybersecurity ( R-00053749 )
Leidos has a career opening for a Cyber Operations and Cybersecurity Strategic Account Executive located in Reston, VA.
The Cyber Operations & Cybersecurity (CO&CS) Strategic Account Executive (SAE) is the lead Leidos executive responsible for building, sustaining and advancing trusted relationships with strategic-level Defense, Intelligence and Federal-Civil customers with cyberspace national security roles and responsibilities. Specifically, the CO&CS SAE will strengthen Leidos customer relations and enhance business growth across the company’s cyber-related portfolio of programs, services and solutions. The CO&CS SAE must thoroughly understand key role players, influencers and decision makers within the Department of Defense, including the Military Services and all Fourth Estate Agencies, the Intelligence Community, including NSA, Cyber Command, other strategic Intelligence Community (IC) customers, and other Federal Government agencies with a primary role in U.S. offensive and defensive cyber operations and cybersecurity matters. The CO&CS SAE must have a working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of each Department/Agency, including where it concerns organizational design, acquisition and procurement, cyber governance and funding mechanisms. An ideal candidate will demonstrate significant career government and/or industry credentials including: executive-level leadership experience, strong cyber operations and security background, a comprehensive understanding of current and evolving cyber-related missions, operational concepts, policy, doctrine, acquisition and procurement, contracting and funding. Remote work locations authorized.
The CO&CS SAE should be knowledgeable and remain current regarding government’s most senior cyberspace leaders and decision makers, as well as concerning other senior executives and leaders across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Federal Government. The candidate will serve as the senior Leidos executive responsible for customer relations and government affairs and will lead enterprise-level strategy development for cyber security and operations services and solutions in support of federal government customers. The CO&CS SAE will report to SVP – Strategic Accounts & Government Relations.
General responsibilities include: identifying, qualifying, and supporting business capture, facilitating on-contract growth and capture on cyber operations and cybersecurity programs and business opportunities; facilitating requirements development; marketing the full range of corporate capabilities; and maximizing internal collaboration as detailed by the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen a trusted relationship with the customer while serving as the primary Leidos senior voice to that customer.
- Ensure a coherent, integrated Leidos message to the customer while promoting corporate capabilities and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build, improve and manage significant key individual customer relationships.
- Promote and introduce corporate capabilities, technologies, services and solutions to the customer and be familiar with new Leidos offerings.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of both the customer’s and Leidos business.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the account’s competitive landscape (including competitors and potential partners.
- Develop and track a strategic-level Customer Engagement Plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
- Host senior customer visits to Leidos, and arrange visits to customer sites, as appropriate.
- Senior executive representative responsible for customer engagement and Government Affairs matters related to cyber matters, issues and concerns.
- Define Leidos to the customer by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
- Define the customer to Leidos by ensuring Leidos understands customer needs and trends.
- Communicate account information horizontally across all Leidos Groups to aid in their business development and program execution.
- Establish a collaboration and information reporting capability to support customer information and track emerging opportunities, issues and results.
- Provide senior customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Leidos performance.
- Communicate internally across Leidos by hosting monthly Account calls to facilitate planning and execution, disseminating customer information and tracking emerging opportunities, issues and results.
- Coordinate in creating, distributing and updating a strategic account management plan that shapes/supports corporate strategic and annual planning efforts for the customer.
- Assess customer’s direction, trends and strategic opportunities in the 3-5 year time horizon providing results to strategic captures and campaigns, and to internal leaders.
- Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business. Contribute to strategic planning by providing insights as to the evolution of and changes in joint defense, intelligence and federal government missions, acquisition, procurement and contracting approaches, and funding profiles.
- Participate creatively in identifying novel solutions for key Agency/Command needs.
- Show leadership in critical analysis of published DoD, IC and Fed-Civ plans to reflect senior judgment.
- Contribute to corporate Competitive Intelligence efforts by providing insights, assessments and recommendations on customer, partner and competitor activities, intentions and trends.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with line management to identify and shape strategic approaches to the customer.
- Act as the primary point of coordination for any Leidos organization seeking entry into the account to develop business with the customer.
- Facilitate identification of the right Leidos capabilities and resources for identified opportunities.
- Actively contribute to the development of new ideas and solutions to capture new business to increase Leidos’ market share in the account.
- Coordinate with line management to identify and resolve/mitigate OCI issues as they emerge.
- Work with strategic, line and business development to identify future businesses we want to enter, in a way that precludes OCI concerns.
- Work with designated capture and campaign teams to shape customer opportunities.
- Identify specific growth opportunities, including merger & acquisition and teaming opportunities, within the customer base.
- Contribute to opportunity preparation and capture strategy to include participation on “color” and review teams.
- Grow the pipeline of qualified targets
General Account Oversight:
- Manage all account-specific resources to the budgets established in the Account Management Plan.
- Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to the line organizations.
- Facilitate, with account line management, the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues.
- Develop organization hierarchies, populate planned engagements and maintain Account-specific Customer Resource Management tool.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 20+ years of experience with extensive leadership, professional knowledge and job experience working for key government agencies or in an executive position of equal standing with another Defense Department or Intelligence Community agency. MBA preferred.
- Service as former government official within Senior Executive Service.
- Must possess extensive understanding of DoD and IC Customers, including NSA, Cyber Command and Military Cyber commands/agencies organization, doctrine, concepts and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and innovative ideas and solutions to address specific cyberspace missions, leading to year over year business growth.
- Ability to track changing needs and match Leidos' wide range of capabilities to these needs.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, multi-faceted organization with a wide range of customer offerings. Ability to develop/sustain government relationships at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desired personal attributes include: Self-Initiative, Self-Reliance, Team-Player, Strong Social Skills, Excellent Problem Solving Skills, Well-Developed Personal and Professional Network
- Must have a TS/SCI security clearance.