Account Executive (2107803)
Account Executive - ( 2107803 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Our Pearson Canada School Division is currently recruiting for an Account Executive to join their sales team.
The Account Executive (AE) will be the day to day face of Pearson in Ontario to our customers with the principal role of representing and selling our existing products and services and uncovering future business opportunities in order to meet and exceed revenue targets. The key role of the AE will be to connect with and establish solid relationships, selling to key school district leaders and influencers and school based customers. The AE will represent Pearson’s entire list of K-12 resources, including curriculum resources and professional resources and services. The AE will be responsible for strategically managing an existing sales territory, using their time efficiently to deliver business today while establishing future sales opportunities. AE’s will be responsible for managing a full and active pipeline through Salesforce.com, delivering compelling product presentations face to face and electronically, as well as providing market intelligence to our marketing and development teams.
- A University Degree or equivalent is required for this position (Equivalent work experience may be acceptable in lieu of a formal degree)
- A degree in education and previous selling experience is a desirable combination
- Teaching experience using technology in the classroom is an asset
- Confidence and experience in interacting with senior School District personnel
- Minimum of three years direct sales experience
- Full driver’s license and safe driving record is required
- Some overnight travel is required
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with a customer service approach
- Good listener and strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Proficient with business technologies and social media
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented and strong ability to multi-task
- Adaptable problem-solver and team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
- Strong decision making and leadership skills with an understanding that solutions may need to be “created”
- Must be adaptable and flexible to change
Pearson is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all employees are given the chance to reach their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the center of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please view The Power of Difference _._
Primary Location : CA-Ontario
Job : Sales
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Experienced
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : May 27, 2021
Job Unposting : Jun 11, 2021
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107803