Business Sales Account Executive ( 577845-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
With your sales expertise, excellent customer relations skills, and excitement for technology, you'll deliver outstanding and innovative business solutions that support our technology evolution and change the way businesses connect. Whether you're continuously hunting and prospecting for new business or growing existing accounts, you'll consult with customers to identify their business challenges and recommend tailored solutions to solve them-—and ultimately, build their business and ours.
- Educating and exciting customers while creating innovative business solutions.
- Understanding and selling groundbreaking integrated software solutions including; Cloud, Security, and Google platforms.
- Generating revenue and meeting sales targets.
- Developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and leading generation campaigns.
- Closing sales and customer contracts.
- Providing follow-up training for new business customers.
- Tracking and reporting progress through sales force automation tools.
Now that you know what we’re looking for, let’s get down to the type of things you’re looking for. Embark on a sales career with Verizon and you’ll:
Have more control over your income.
Verizon offers a competitive salary plus commissions and other incentives. Oh, and did we mention great benefits that start day one?
Our technologies, and our customers’ needs, are always evolving. You’ll be at the forefront of the tech world’s latest trends.
Create a path for success.
We believe in lifelong learning, and provide award-winning training also from day one. Our investment is in you and your success at Verizon.
Learn more about our recent awards and recognition.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a self-proclaimed tech person and thrive on crafting the right solution to solve a client’s problems. And you are great at explaining how complex technology can solve every day business problems—in language people understand. You don’t mind cold-calling because meeting new people and discovering their needs is what you enjoy. People seek you out for advice and counsel. You drive to win and take the initiative to close deals and help others around you. You know that when the team wins, we all win.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with contract negotiations, negotiation of deals and working with Finance for contracts.
- Willingness to travel within your assigned geographic area.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle report check.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Business acquisition experience, including prospecting/cold calling.
- Two or more years of business-to-business or outside sales experience.
- SaaS sales experience.
- Technology sales and educational experience.
- Experience with CRM, sales force or a client management tool.
- Creative style using social media selling tools successfully.
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive sales teams.
- Strong face to face presentation skills.
- Aptitude for acquiring sales skills and product knowledge.
- Ability to create and maintain strong business relationships with all levels of client organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to evaluate current strategies and quickly transform when necessary.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.