At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Global Biometrics and Data Sciences (GBDS) Administrative / Executive Associate provides support to members of the GBDS teams: Biostatistics, Programming, Planning and Vendor Management & Data Sciences.
- Perform highly diverse and complex administrative functions, including but not limited to proactive calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements, ensuring manager’s meeting preparedness (e.g. assemble meeting materials & pre-reads), preparing expense reports, management of department SharePoint.
- Anticipate needs of manager and/or team, and take appropriate steps to produce desired outcome with minimal assistance from supervisor with accuracy and efficiency to meet all deadlines.
- Interface in a professional manner with senior executives and matrix team members, handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate diplomacy and excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Prioritize activities and take action based on an understanding of departmental objectives and business needs.
- Maintain and organize office operations and procedures such as filing system, expense reports as appropriate, purchase orders, office supply orders, and other administration services.
- Adhere to T&E policies, including booking international and domestic travel, reconcile business expenses for executive(s) and staff.
- Prioritize and complete support requests in a timely manner (i.e. issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with BMS continuous learning modules
- Additional coordination of activities and projects as needed
High School degree, some college or degree desirable.
10 years administrative or comparable experience; prior BMS and Executive Associate Experience preferred.
Key Competency Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of BMS Systems and Processes, video conferencing and Microsoft teams, skype, Concur Travel and T&E, Ariba/SAP, SharePoint, MyBMS, eTime, Workday, Room Scheduler.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, pro-actively work independently and collaboratively with other administrative assistants/external partners, across organizational levels, functions, and supports Business needs across different time-zones and during periods of heavy workload.
- Successful candidate must be able to learn new tools and systems in an ever-evolving environment.
- Exhibits a positive work attitude, and high productivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.