Associate Director, Executive Communications
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director, Executive Communications will support the executive communications for the SVP and General Manager, US Hematology and the SVP, General Manager, US Oncology, Immunology and Cardiovascular. This role will work under direction of the Executive Director, U.S. Corporate Affairs to build an integrated U.S. leadership communications strategy and plan and will support its execution, in line with corporate messaging and brand positioning. This role will support executive thought leadership for the two U.S. General Managers and work closely with the digital and social channel managers and Content/editorial team to ensure strategic audience targeting and measurement. This role will also support employee communications and engagement in line with the broader enterprise communications strategy.
This position requires a sound understanding of the U.S. Commercial business and an ability to interact with and energize employees across the organization, positioning Bristol Myers Squibb as a great place to work and a leading biopharma organization with a patient-focused culture.
The position will report to the Executive Director, U.S. Communications and is based in Princeton, NJ.
- Support development and management of the U.S. communications strategy for internal and external thought leadership, content and workforce engagement.
- Supports communications for the U.S. Hematology General Manager and the U.S. Oncology/Immunology/Cardiovascular General manager, and works to ensure aligned communications across the U.S. leadership teams.
- Manage employee engagement strategy for the U.S. comms plan and metrics that include consideration of how external communications drive employee engagement.
- Collaborate with the People & Culture team to develop enterprise communications to drive workforce engagement.
- Collaborate with the Thought leadership team to manage communications planning and execution of thought leadership opportunities in support of enterprise and business topics.
- Collaborate with the Issue Management & Policy Communications team to support issues management and policy communications, particularly as it relates to employee communications.
- Support enterprise-wide initiative communications such as corporate values like Integrity, pulse surveys and Employee Giving, etc.
- Develop performance measurement reports (monthly, quarterly, yearly, ad hoc) to inform future communications and improve audience engagement.
- Monitor the performance of employee communications, engaging with employees and escalating workforce issues as necessary.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Corporate Communications, Internal and External Communications, Employee Engagement or related fields.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of executive communications, internal communications, thought leadership and external leadership positioning.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively across the enterprise to drive and scale internal communications strategies worldwide.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, editorial management and change communications.
- Superior interpersonal communications skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills; ability to engage with and persuade a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent writing and content creation skills required; able to quickly produce clear, compelling, motivating communications. Strong grasp of storytelling.
- Proven strategic planning and project management capabilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Proven experience working in a matrixed environment and operating within a complex, fast-paced and changing environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.