EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE II
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position will support the US Medical Immunology & Fibrosis Vice President and corresponding organization. The Executive Associate II will be responsible for overseeing Executive Associate colleague while managing multiple complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision including highly diverse project focused duties and exposure to confidential material necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment. The candidate must have proven skills in prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as the ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced working environment.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- 7-10 years of administrative or related experience preferred supporting VP level executives
- Robust understanding of Microsoft Office Word, Excel; Must have strong experience with Outlook, Calendar, and MS Teams. PowerPoint. Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- Experience with Travel and T&E, Concur, Ariba/SAP, SharePoint, Workday, Room Scheduler
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Responsive, sense of urgency, plans ahead (strategic) while executing on a day-to-day basis (tactical/operational); highly motivated to get things done, takes initiative
- Expert knowledge of the job and function. Strong knowledge of overall organization and knowledge of other functions work activity
- Must have excellent, concise communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of commitment and results-orientation is required
- Proven ability to handle Confidential matters
- Must be able to represent the department in a professional manner to internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks enabling incumbent to plan and coordinate complex functions
- Must have flexibility with day-to-day workload and be able to handle changes to schedule with limited notice.
- Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision
- Must have strong ability to take direction but also exercise judgment and independent thought
- Comfortable with technology on a regular basis
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Provide executive administrative support to the VP and department members
- Leads Executive Associate department member
- Provide support to VP for day-to-day operations, as well as individual projects as needed
- Extensive day-to-day calendar management for the VP across time zones (including international)
- Coordinate extensive and complex multi-leg national/international travel including but not limited to hotel, flight / train, car rental, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing the VP leadership team meetings, extended leadership team meetings, staff meetings, coordinate agenda and distribute, catering and meeting logistics.
- Assists in constructing meeting agenda, meeting minutes & post meeting reports.
- Works in close collaboration with Strategy & Operations Lead
- Ensure manager’s preparedness for meetings (e.g., assemble meeting materials, assisting with PowerPoint presentations, & pre-reads)
- Administrative support to filing/records retention and other functions (as required)
- Input and adhere to T&E policies, monthly reconciliation of business expenses and reimbursements
- Schedule conference room usage
- Support departmental office space planning and office moves (as needed)
- Independently research complex inquiries to recommend solutions / escalate issues as appropriate
- Prioritize and complete support requests in a timely manner (i.e., issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.)
- Create and monitor work orders, purchase orders.
- Schedule interviews for candidates
- Support onboarding / offboarding
- Prioritize activities and takes prompt action based on an understanding of policies and functional needs
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate matters pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with BMS continuous learning modules
- Other duties related to the above within the company, as assigned
- Candidate must have a minimum of a High School diploma; BA degree is preferred.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.