Executive Associate, Strategy Business Excellence
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
- This position will support one to two of the Strategy & Business Excellence Leadership team members as well as potential to support select team members within these groups
- Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Coordinating calendars and meetings in support of Executives and teams (where applicable).
- Organizing international and domestic travel, booking airfare, hotel, and ground transportation.
- Organizing team events; quarterly connections, days of caring, birthday/ work anniversaries including room reservations, catering, and audio/visual requirements.
- Organizing team meetings, town halls, LTs, etc. with reserving rooms, catering, technology needs and requesting topics in collaboration with the leaders. Also assisting in collating content, ensuring review, presenting in room and via MS Teams, taking notes and following up.
- Coordinating site visits and agenda preparation.
- Independently organizing multiple processes, procedures, or programs in support of business needs.
- Taking meeting minutes and actions at select meetings and following up.
- Creating power point presentations for select team activities such as results from engagements surveys etc.
- Creating/leveraging template for simple communications and sending to organization.
- Prioritizing activities and acting based on an understanding of leadership dynamics, department needs, and BMS business strategy.
- Serving as office manager for home location – ordering supplies, hosting guest, etc.
- Effectively executing BMS people processes and reporting, with use of various systems such as Workday, and raising tickets, when necessary, through People Services.
- Supporting department recruitment, onboarding, and/or offboarding activities as well as contractor sourcing.
- Supporting other S&BE leaders when their Executive Associates are unavailable.
- Actively coordinating and collaborating with other S&BE and GPS Executive Associates.
- Updating organization charts monthly.
- Managing the MS Teams site for the general team and the Leadership Team including posting content, ensuring user access, posting general announcements, etc.
- Provides Travel & Expense (T&E) management by validating and submitting T&E in Concur, as well as ensuring adherence to T&E and “corporate card” policies/procedures as content expert.
- Processing contracts, SOWs, and Purchase Orders through Icertis, SAP and Buy@BMS.
- Raising IT Tickets and follow up.
- Managing department training curricula and reporting in Success factors.
- Processing team awards through the Bravo system.
- Serving as department subject matter expert on company administrative policies, changes, and guidelines.
- Quantifiable track record of success supporting executives, in delivering results within a fast-paced, complex, highly evolving team within a large global organization.
- Ability to support leaders who are in multiple BMS locations (Princeton Pike, NJ; New Brunswick, NJ; Summit, NJ and/or Devens MA), as teams are primarily in locations throughout Central New Jersey; Devens, MA; and could be in international locations. Light travel to NJ North/Central offices as needed.
- Ability to navigate matrix organizations to help the team achieve objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and able to establish office systems and processes.
- Experience working with highly sensitive/ confidential information.
- Ability to successfully develop good relationships within the organization and beyond.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize competing demands/ requests by taking initiative to adjust/ change priorities. Ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Skills – Proficient in creating and editing content in all Microsoft Office Suite tools & programs including but not limited to complex Excel worksheets, Word documents, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- BMS systems and software – Strong understanding of Concur, SAP, myBMS, Ariba, Icertis, Workday, Bravo, and SharePoint.
- Self-driven to deliver results.
- High curiosity and passion for learning.
- Track record for getting things done in simple and practical ways.
- Drives ideas into action.
- Garners a high level of trust.
- Builds relationships easily with executives and business leaders across the company.
- Strong team player who can work closely with key stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Adapts to different styles and operates smoothly in a complex, global culture.
- Comfortable delivering on tight deadlines and is energized by the opportunity to solve complex problems.
- Manages diverse stakeholders with ease.
- Puts patients, team and company first.
- Demonstrates integrity and an impeccable value system daily.
- Can be counted on as a trusted colleague and role model.
- Demonstrates and establishes a high ethical standard across the business and the ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
- Energizes and inspires others.
- Brings a positive approach to every endeavor and motivates others to go above and beyond expectations.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce high quality results.
- Ability to thrive in a continuously evolving organization. Comfortable with and can manage or lead change with ease.
- Minimum of a High School diploma; BS degree is preferred.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.