Executive Communications Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Executive Communications team is looking for an Executive Communications Manager who is tapped into technology, social good, consumer business trends, and public affairs to join their high-impact team.
- Lead strategic leadership communications platforms and events in support of the overall brand reputation and Verizon’s C-suite.
- Develop high-level thought leadership, op-eds, strategic events aimed at journalists, industry leaders, and policy makers, and impactful social media content.
- Work directly with our most senior leaders to champion Verizon’s thought leadership vision.
Work across all communications functions and the broader enterprise to cascade out core narrative and provide strategic support as needed.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
What we’re looking for...
You are a self-starting, creative innovator with direct experience writing, and supporting senior level executives. You exhibit a strong command of the social media landscape, superior business acumen, and the ability to manage projects and people autonomously.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel between Basking Ridge and NYC.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications with eight or more years of experience working as a journalist or as a corporate communications professional.
- Experience working with all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Experience developing highly creative campaigns with a keen eye toward uncovering new opportunities.
- Writing experience and digital savvy.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to take a concept from ideation and strategy to execution autonomously.
- Reporting skills, constant curiosity, and a fascination for the world of technology and its broader societal impact.
- Business to business knowledge.
Willingness to learn and grow at a fast-paced, Fortune 16 organization.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $128,000 and $239,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.