Executive Communications Manager Verizon Business
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s executive communications team is looking for an Executive Communications Manager who is tapped into technology, business to business trends, and public affairs to join their high-impact team.
- Leading strategic leadership communications platforms and events in support of the overall brand reputation and Verizon’s c-suite. This includes the development of high-level thought leadership, op-eds, strategic events aimed at journalists, industry leaders and policy-makers, and impactful social media content.
- Working directly with our most senior leaders in Verizon’s Business Group to champion Verizon’s thought leadership vision and, also work across all communications functions and the broader enterprise to cascade our core narrative and provide strategic support as needed.
- Making strategic communications decisions for our top Verizon Business executives on a regular basis, from where to position them to the language used to communicate our core messages.
- Receiving strategic direction and broad guidance and is accountable for both our digital thought leadership platform and select strategic events results.
- Directly managing several high profile executives through leadership events and be responsible for all day to day decision making responsibilities and project management, with very little guidance.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
This role will require a strong command of the social media landscape, superior business acumen, and the ability to manage projects and people autonomously.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience working directly with C-Suite Executives across a matrixed organization.
- Willingness to travel between Basking Ridge and New York offices as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications with experience working as a journalist or as a corporate communications professional.
- Experience working with all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Experience working with c-level executives and across a matrixed organization.
- Experience developing highly creative campaigns with a keen eye toward uncovering new opportunities.
- Writing experience and digital savvy.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to take a concept from ideation and strategy to execution autonomously.
- Strong reporting skills, constant curiosity, and a fascination for the world of technology and its broader societal impact.
- Business to business knowledge.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $128,000 and $239,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.