Executive Communications Manager - Consumer Group ( 561250-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Executive Communications team is looking for an Executive Communications Manager who is tapped into technology, social good, consumer business trends, and public affairs to join their high-impact team.
- Lead strategic leadership communications platforms and events in support of the overall brand reputation and Verizon’s C-suite.
- Develop high-level thought leadership, op-eds, strategic events aimed at journalists, industry leaders, and policy makers, and impactful social media content.
- Work directly with our most senior leaders to champion Verizon’s thought leadership vision.
- Work across all communications functions and the broader enterprise to cascade out core narrative and provide strategic support as needed.
What we’re looking for...
You are a self-starting, creative innovator with direct experience writing, and supporting senior level executives. You exhibit a strong command of the social media landscape, superior business acumen, and the ability to manage projects and people autonomously.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel between Basking Ridge and NYC.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications with eight or more years of experience working as a journalist or as a corporate communications professional.
- Experience working with all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Experience developing highly creative campaigns with a keen eye toward uncovering new opportunities.
- Writing experience and digital savvy.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to take a concept from ideation and strategy to execution autonomously.
- Reporting skills, constant curiosity, and a fascination for the world of technology and its broader societal impact.
- Business to business knowledge.
- Willingness to learn and grow at a fast-paced, Fortune 16 organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.