Executive Protection Intel Manager ( 564770-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The primary mission of the Verizon Corporate Security Organization is to ensure the safety and security of employees, proprietary information, assets, and facilities. Corporate Security acts as a resource for employees, to provide information on a wide variety of subjects ranging from traveler safety, physical security, global intelligence, international matters, security compliance, workplace safety, and issues relating to law enforcement.
The Manager - Executive Protection Intel is part of the Executive Protection Program within Verizon’s Corporate Security Organization. This role is to support the Executive Protection Program by gathering and interpreting intel as it relates to life and safety, logistics, and travel. The Analyst will understand how to mitigate risk and create action plans accordingly. The roles and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Conducting detailed country/city threat assessments to include: foreign intelligence collection, crime, disease, and any other emerging threats.
- Educating the traveler on custom and courtesy of said region, perform site assessment or route analysis when required.
- Creating and communicating basic personal security methodology to improve the safety of employees abroad.
- Creating travel wide ranging risk management and communication plans in response to a wide range of unforeseen crisis’s and diverse environments.
- Performing analytics and assessments to preemptively identify risks for travel and related events.
- Conducting investigative analysis to identify and validate evolving and emerging threat activities and risks.
- Developing reports and presentations of threat and risk areas to various levels of audiences from operations teams to executive leadership.
- Performing business process reviews to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities and proactively provide recommendations for mitigation or process improvement.
- Adapting with analysis of situations or data that requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors using in-house or industry standard security event management solutions.
- Managing internal customers, partners, and stakeholders relationships. Presenting to executive leaders and stakeholders as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in gathering and curating intelligence.
- Knowledge of intelligence gathering tools and technology.
- Communications, Incident Response, and Awareness experience.
- Reports creation and presentation to varying audiences.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Previous Military or Law Enforcement experience.
- Ingenuity and persistence to identify key elements with an eye for detail.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Oral and Written Communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.