Government & Public Services - Sales Executive - Manager Level (18827)
- You can talk to anyone about anything, especially over the phone. Your communication skills are unparalleled.
- You're an excellent writer. You speak clearly and with persuasion.
- You're self-motivated to knock it out of the park every single time, regardless who's watching.
- You understand that you choose your attitude each day and look for the best in people and situations.
- You manage the heck out of any project. Period.
- You pay attention to details. You dot your i's and cross your t's.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. Your competitive spirit and passion for winning is off the charts. You hate to lose (while remaining a good sport).
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte's businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals, Managing Directors, Business Development Analysts, and other Sales Executives, these sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts to identify and qualify opportunities for our Close As You Go™ team.They will do this by leveraging relationships with Deloitte State Account teams, Deloitte's Marketing team, and with clients to secure relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover qualified opportunities and then serve as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
Deloitte's Government & Public Services (GPS) Industry team includes nearly 15,000 practitioners, providing consulting, risk and financial advisory services to 47 states, cabinet-level agencies in the US government as well as at higher education and non-profit organizations. Our mission is to make the world a better place by working with clients to realize the future of Government and higher education. Deloitte's Cyber and Strategic Risk Services focus on tackling enterprise-level risk through their lifecycle and strategize and respond to the risks associated with the reliability and protection of data and associated processes and technology.
Work You'll Do:
The Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for building, cultivating, growing, and closing pipeline for the Close As You Go™ asset to clients/markets. The role involves:
- Developing the relationships necessary to generate leads including internal Deloitte relationships and relationships with other third parties who can generate opportunities
- Driving sales of Close As You Go™ solutions with appropriate team members to meet and exceed plan
- Working with Deloitte account teams to identify key stakeholders and proactively develop net new relationships for Deloitte
- Driving market alignment plans and managing the asset pipeline
- Leading, driving and hands-on contributing to proposal creation and proposal strategy, including the response, orals, presentations, and overall client opportunity strategy.
- Building go-to-market strategies to differentiate Deloitte
- Successful track record sellingsoftware solutions to state and local government clients
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience managing complex clients and complex sales cycles
- Experience selling high end software solutions, characterized by long sales cycles and both large and small dollar transactions
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of the competitive landscape
- An ability to gain access to and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations
- Experience selling intangibles
- Travel of up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- FEMA, disaster recovery experience
- Established relationships with State, Local and Higher Education clients
- Southeast U.S. location
- Experience with CRM software
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced Degree