Executive Director, Brand Development ( 564233-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a part of the Marketing Activation Team within CMO, the Executive Director of Brand Development will lead the team that is responsible for Strategic Brand Design, Brand Management (including Naming and Identity), and Brand Governance and Compliance.
The Executive Director will work to build the Verizon brand as the leading technology and network brand in the industry by creating branding solutions that take Verizon to the next level and, at the same time, drive consistency across all channels. This person must have a passion for strategic and core brand initiatives including naming architecture, strategic brand design, and branding across all channels (including packaging, fleet, retail, etc.) This role requires a strong balance of design and creative skills and operational efficiency in order to execute across the enterprise. This role will be responsible for all brand development, including strategic brand design for any initiatives 2-3 years out, any/all new identities and naming for Verizon (or Verizon sub-brand), strategic naming architecture, and brand governance and compliance. In this role, the leader will serve as the corporate brand champion in the development, maintenance and implementation of brand frameworks, identity and design, and governance across the enterprise. This role will work with external brand agencies and cross-functionally to champion the brand, and the respective brand systems, across the company.
The Executive Director will:
- Oversee the Strategic Brand Design team, responsible for all brand 2-3 years on horizon
- Oversee the Brand Management team, responsible for all naming, identity and design
- Oversee the Brand Governance and Compliance team
This candidate must exhibit a strong inclination for cross-functional communication, relationship building, and proven ability to build and lead world-class teams that are driven to create exceptional branding and brand presence. This person must also be able to craft a clear vision for the future and the steps necessary to execute against that vision, as well as have developed and executed against short and long-term brand and business growth strategies.
- Acting as an authority and promoter of Verizon’s brand, ensuring that brand promise, positioning, and identity are consistent through all stakeholder touch points, both external and internal
- Supporting the SVP of Marketing Activation and SVP Chief Creative Officers and works with internal and external brand agency and partners to develop and implement innovative corporate brand positioning strategies and programs
- Working closely and developing strong partnerships with BU Marketing teams to coordinate and accomplish brand-related projects
- Overseeing and guiding all brand design in partnership with SVP of Creative and all respective teams
- Understanding the competitive landscape; identifying and assessing market drivers and competitive differentiators to elevate positioning and build strong brand equity
- Recommending, managing, and executing the full brand identity marketing plan; establishing high impact, annual short-term and long-term strategic brand marketing plans with current to three year time horizons
What we’re looking for...
The qualified candidate will apply a deep understanding of marketplace and consumer insights to achieve long-term vision and success, as well as collaborate with business leads and core/functional teams to build strategic rationale, conceptual ideas, and innovative creative platforms.
This role necessitates partner relationship cultivation and management, asset execution, and imparting creative consistency amid internal/external stakeholders.
10+ years of experience in Brand Development and/or Brand Marketing
10+ years of experience in complex portfolio management highly desired; knowledge of customer experience
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required; MBA and/or technical degree highly desired
Strong competence in brand design as well as operational excellence
Competence and confidence to lead multi-faceted Agency team, which includes Account, Strategic Planning, Production, and Creative
A passion for brand building and creating unique consumer connections
Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
Exceptional team player/thought leader with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management, and cross-functional team confidence quickly
Compelling ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with operational stakeholders and brand partners
Organized self-starter with proficiency to multi-task and find solutions
Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways
Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures
Thought leadership, trends assessment, and customer insights
Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.