Executive Director, Immunology & Fibrosis, Medical Data Generation (Medical Affairs) (R1556171-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Overall responsibility for the medical oversight of Immunology & Fibrosis studies (including investigator-sponsored studies and medically-led BMS-sponsored studies).
- Provide scientific oversight of the conception, writing and monitoring of BMS-sponsored, medically-led research studies and ensures their timely accrual and completion. Act as Clinical Trial Physician (CTP) during the development and execution of interventional and non-interventional company-sponsored studies.
- Clinical decision-making responsibility for all studies within remit, including safety queries, departures from standard inclusion/exclusion criterion and questions/concerns from investigators and internal team members arising from patients on study.
- Contribute during the approval process for final protocols, amendments, and budgets for studies under remit.
- Chair the Review Committees (or provide oversight where appropriate) for investigator-sponsored research studies and BMS-sponsored, medically-led research studies.
- Interface with Worldwide Medical, Clinical Development and other key internal stakeholders for the development and maintenance of the Integrated Evidence Plans (IEPs) associated with the Immunology & Fibrosis assets/indications.
- Contribute during the development and update of areas of interest for investigator-sponsored studies through cross-functional interface with key global and regional stakeholders.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the current book of work for studies under remit and give updates to key stakeholders across the organization.
- Supervise and mentor Clinical Trial Leads and project managers within reporting line regarding scientific aspects associated with data generation activities.
- Meet with investigators, external stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams involved in studies under remit to discuss scientific rational and expected impact, challenges associated with execution, budget concerns, and/or data readouts.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in the Immunology & Fibrosis-related therapeutic areas; review scientific journals and attend scientific and key technical meetings and participate in internal trainings. Collects and communicates medical and scientific insights and intelligence relevant to lifecycle and product portfolio.
Qualifications & Experience
- MD (strongly preferred) with 5+ years of clinical trial experience; formal specialization in areas associated with the current Immunology & Fibrosis portfolio (neurology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, dermatology) and/or professional experience with assets in the immunology space (small molecules/biologics) is preferred. Non-MD applicants with a strong track record of clinical trial experience in academia and/or pharmaceutical industry will be considered.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in a complex, matrix environment.
- Experience delivering successful results in a variety of business situations.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with difficult discussions.
- Demonstration of strong decision-making skills.
- Successful track record of leading through influence and working across complex, global organizational matrices.
- HQ-based position with expected travel requirement of 25%.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.