Managing Client Partner - DoD and Intelligence Community Capture Executive ( 595604-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Managing Client Partner – DoD/Intelligence Community is responsible for driving growth in Verizon’s Public Sector business unit through managing, training, and coaching staff to win high-value, strategic, complex bids with a focus on the DoD/Intelligence Communityof the US Government. (Army, Navy, USAF, Intelligence Community, etc.) This leader collaborates across the enterprise to engage business development, proposals, solutions architecture, pricing, and other key bid contributor teams to achieve process excellence and supports the Managing Director, Capture, in key initiatives that advance Verizon’s capabilities. The Managing Client Partner is a strong communicator and inspirational leader who knows how to get the best from their team. They drive hard for results while motivating and building team confidence to achieve even more than they thought possible. Their executive presence and willingness to learn enables them to build credibility and critical relationships quickly. They have a competitive spirit and a desire to win through the team.
- Player/Coach role will manage large captures, develop and implement capture strategies to acquire new business and grow existing Public Sector business
- Execute the Business Development & Strategic Sales business capture process, coach the team and stakeholders through the process, and lead continuous improvement efforts to improve efficiency and efficacy of the process
- Coach team and stakeholders through Verizon’s deal lifecycle management governance
- Build and maintain a dedicated capture team that delivers superior customer experiences
- Drive and track team performance to achieve key performance indicators and goals
- Inspire individual and team performance through on-going training, development, coaching, recognition, and rewards
- Continually review team members’ deliverables and provide improvement feedback
- Synthesize bid trends and learnings and document and share best practices and bid strategies across Public Sector
- Establish, grow, and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers and partners
- Build trust, influence, and communicate effectively with executive management
- Manage financial, budget, and sales reporting activities
Where You'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are an effective manager and communicator with acumen in Capture Management in the DoD/Intelligence Community space. You will need to work collaboratively, as part of a team, be well-organized, self-motivated and success driven. Demonstrated industry knowledge and customer relationships is required. A background in Sales or Business Development is preferred.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing full life cycle capture efforts for DoD/Intelligence Community Public Sector opportunities
- Prior experience managing a teams of 6 or more Capture Managers engaged in capturing new business
- Completed training in industry-standard capture methodology
- Deal sheet to be provided upon request
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience managing three large capture opportunities at same time.
- Experience successfully organizing, planning, pursuing, and winning large (e.g., >200M dollars in total contract value) Public Sector opportunities; at least one >500M dollars.
- Completed training in industry-standard capture methodology.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Degree, preferably a Master’s Degree.
- ITIL, PMP or like certifications.
- Telecommunications industry expertise.
- Certified as Project Management Professional (PMP®).
- Active TS/SCI.
- Expertise in proven capture methodologies applied in systems integrator and/or telecommunications environments
- Process orientation to effectively execute and continuously improve processes
- Exceptional people management skills, with demonstrated experience building and maintaining high-performing teams
- Ability to lead hybrid team of local and remote staff, including consultants
- Data-driven decision-making ability, leveraging analytical skills to frame and solve complex problems
- Demonstrated leadership skills, motivating cross-functional teams to win large, multi-tower, complex opportunities across Public Sector markets
- Strong technical, operational, and management expertise
- Business and financial acumen, coupled with expert-level understanding of the DoD/Intelligence Community space
- Experience developing creative, compelling, and differentiated offers utilizing knowledge of government budgets, procurement process, government regulations, industry trends, competitive environment, and current and future Verizon investments
- Strong strategic thinking and negotiation skills to identify and mitigate risks, maximize margins, and optimize value to Verizon and its customers
- Broad knowledge of current and developing trends, cross-segment customer requirements, and corporate investments to recommend product/process/system enhancements to continuously evolve Verizon’s offerings
- Strong communication and presentations skills, with an ability to influence peers and confidently interact with executive management
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).