Executive Director – IT Corporate Platform Services ( 597997-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Executive Director - Lead Domain (Corporate) Architect and System Engineering delivery organization for platforms running Verizon's corporate enterprise functions. These platforms bring together participants in extended business processes like supply networks or distribution operations to enable business agility and superior customer experiences. This roleleads the technology strategy and blueprint for the CSG organization. Defines and delivers on GTS andCSG priorities in an efficient,compliant and secure way while managing the technology life cycle of the total solutions.
Tech Strategy•Architecture & Design -Partner with Product line owners to define a specific solution based on architecture standards & requirements•Validate solution architectures regarding their adequacy and adherence to architecture standards throughout the solution lifecycle•Created a unified Platform organization while decommissioning, integrating and evolving the tech stack along the way.
Platform Performance and Customer Experience•Responsible for integrating large platforms like SAP S4/HANA, SAP IBP, Workday, Service Now, Ariba, and cForia to deliver transformational programs•Responsible for technology operations including scaling of large scale platforms, developing SRE practices to drive ops resiliency, and implementing strong governance around Cloud.•Cultivate a continuous learning organization meeting the enterprise and employee needs •Ensure platforms evolve to create an experience that delights our customers and employees•Responsible for high system availability and minimal outages.•Develop and Build reusable component, Platform configuration & development•Solution Integration across end-to-end process
Next Gen Digital Platforms and Testing•Creation and execution of next gen roadmap to include a testing COE•Define automation framework to enable test automation, Drive automation coverage and tools standardization•Leverages process improvement and automation to improve productivity and reduce transaction times.•Develop CI/CD pipeline, Drive DevSecOps maturity and release controls
What we’re looking for...Experience:
- Leadership of a large, complex technology-based organization with specialty in SAP, Oracle, Workday, Service Now, Pega, or other enterprise platforms.
- Experience with end to end process and data architecture facilitating the balance of multiple stakeholder interests and being a thought partner for senior business leaders driving business outcomes.
- Cross-team and cross-functional collaboration at leadership level to achieve strategic, enterprise-wide goals
- Innovative application of data- and metric-driven performance management to lower cost and drive efficiency
- Experience building out of off-shore development centers integrating employees and variable workforces.
- Talent development and management to ensure resources keep up with changing skillset requirements
- Communication and translation of highly complex technical concepts and processes to the language of business
- Successful performance based vendor partnerships and management
- Exerting leadership and influence in a matrix organization structure
- 10+ years work experience
- Is trusted, collaborative, and strategic thought partner
- Able to develop and maintain deep business relationships
- Focus and drive on performance and accountability
- Embraces constant and fast paced sectoral and organizational change
- Motivates team under stress and pressure to deliver quality solutions
- Listens to, adapts and resolves open issues. Achieves consensus on difficult issues quickly
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity that propels the business forward
- Technology sector strategy, trends and innovation
- Strong working knowledge of cluster’s technical domain, processes and products
- Systems performance improvement and operations management
- Financial management and planning
- Leverage a GTS ecosystem of VZI and vendors to get work done
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.