Solution Sales Executive II - Telecommute (106765583)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Area Vice President Coalitions and TPA is primarily responsible for generating revenue and developing new business through a consultative selling process with coalition partners. AVP independently develops and execute strategic plans for approaching and selling to employer groups in a through assigned coalition partners as well as developing new coalition partnerships. The VP is responsible for designing and selling solutions to meet pharmacy benefit goals of plan sponsors to meet individual AVP’s annual growth goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage to ensure contract execution. Where appropriate manage and ensure contract execution of new partner coalitions, clients of coalition as well as annual market check contract updates
- Lead analytical and proposal requests for Prospects within coalition
- Facilitate finalist meetings including team coordination, strategy development and presentation development as well as all follow-up communication post finalist
- Meet and build relationships with Optum Coalition Partners as well as senior executives associated with employer group prospects within coalitions.
- Manage coalition annual market check
- Follow - up on prospect meetings and successfully negotiate with prospects and associated brokers and consultants within coalition partnerships
- Make presentations to employers, brokers, consultants and at industry functions to educate prospects on OptumRx pharmacy benefit solutions within coalition market
- Establish strong working relationships with distribution channel partners
- Establishing and maintaining Consultant / Broker relationships is a large component of this position
- Manage pipeline via SalesForceGo
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in PBM in the areas of PBM Sales, PBM Client relationship management/Account Management or as a Broker / Consultant of PBM or H&B services
- 5+ years of experience preparing and presenting materials to clients
- 5+ years of experience working in partnership with underwriting and finance in PBM or healthcare
- Advanced Client facing presentation experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent to visit client base within a national geographic area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- Consultant / Broker Background
- Experience using SalesForceGO
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.