Executive Director - Saginaw or Flint, MI (107486330)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the Market Executive Director oversees operations in a Landmark Health Market which have a large cohort of patients and may have multiple health plan partners, and/or multiple lines of business. The Executive Director will be working with their Clinical Operations team to ensure high quality patient care, excellence in client relations and meeting of all financial, operational, and quality metrics. The Market Executive Director provides leadership and direction to an Interdisciplinary Team which includes, Provider, Clinical, Operational and Clinical Support roles to execute across all Landmark value levers.
If you are located in Huntington Beach, CA you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- On-the-ground execution and accountability for market-level utilization goals, operational and quality metrics, and financial performance measures
- Ownership and accountability for market-level patient engagement metrics, strategies, and tactics
- Monitor all metrics to identify opportunities for process improvements and/or staff education to produce optimal outcomes
- On point for day-to-day personnel issues and the incorporation of Landmark’s mission, vision, and values into market culture
- Provide Leadership and management oversight to Market Medical Director, Market Health Services Director, Sr. Operations Manager, and Local Outreach Manager
- Assist Market Medical Director and Market Health Services Director to recruit and retain a high performing interdisciplinary team
- Coordinate with Client Account Lead in managing select health plan meetings as delegated by Regional Leadership
- Support Market Medical Director in cultivating strong community relations with community PCPs, specialists, acute care, SNF, LTC and ALF facilities
- Pursue innovative community partnerships as needed for reaching market goals
- Collaborate with Regional Leadership on special projects/initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field or business administration, Masters level a plus
- 8+ years of administrative / management experience preferred in health care, preferably in the managed care setting
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Calendar
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Superior reasoning, planning, and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior telephone communication skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills, detail oriented
- Superior organization skills
- Self-starter, proactive, works quickly and accurately
- Professional demeanor
Below are the physical requirements which are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Below is a description of the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.