Executive Director, Career Development Strategy & PS3 Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Head of our Career Development Strategy will lead a cross-functional team to shape and realize the vision for Career Development at BMS. This is a critical area of focus for the HR function and Enterprise to enable a robust and integrated program for talent identification, career movement, development and advancement. This area is a key driver of engagement and retention as well as fostering the identification and building of critical skills for BMS. Additionally, this role will partner to the SVP, People Strategy, Solutions, & Services (PS3) to enable better integration and prioritization across our HR Centers of Expertise.
- Develop and build a compelling and competitive Career Development Vision and Strategy for BMS
- Create and implement the strategic roadmap and operational direction for this HR program including the integration across the HR COEs, technology enablers, change management, and key stakeholders
- Lead a cross-functional team of HR professionals and project managers
- Partner with leader to identify opportunities for better integration and project management across the COEs
- Ensure effective partnership, leadership, and direction to current internal stakeholders and outsourced consultant partners
- Establish key metrics and analytics to facilitate strategic decisions and to measure ROI, team and individual performance and effectiveness
- Bring the external lens/trends including an understanding of future of work trends and translate to appropriate solutions for BMS
- Build a change management plan which includes the creation of a manager and employee capability build strategy for Career Development
- Influence across the HR matrix to ensure a fully integrated strategy and solution as well as with partner groups like IT, procurement, legal.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced HR leader with deep expertise in change management, project management, talent development with an enterprise mindset for shaping broad vision and strategy
- Quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a fast-paced, complex, large global organization
- Experience partnering with senior HR and business leaders; extensive management of cross-functional matrix teams
- Leadership of enterprise-wide global projects
- Proven thought leadership and experience developing and implementing HR strategies and operational excellence
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business objectives into HR priorities
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action where precedent may not exist
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Role model for BMS values of Accountability, Innovation, Inclusion, Urgency, Passion and Integrity
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.