Executive Director - Consumer Content and Partnerships
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Consumer Content and Partnerships Group is responsible for connecting consumers with the content and experiences they love on the nation’s best network. We oversee partnerships, source opportunities and negotiate with a broad range of content and programming entities, including major broadcast and cable companies, sports leagues, OTT/digital providers, studios, AR/VR producers, and more. Content increasingly serves as a key driver in consumer decision making. As the largest direct-to-consumer platform in the U.S., we have a massive opportunity to herald in the next consumer use cases for video, audio, immersive and live experiences. Our team sits at the center of that opportunity.
We are seeking an experienced leader in content to drive C-level strategic decision making pertaining to the Fios TV business within Verizon, and serve as the primary escalation point in negotiations across Fios content verticals (Broadcast, Premiums, cablenets, etc.). This leader will impact our current business by optimizing our existing deal pipeline, executing strategy around the massive consumer shift to OTT video and services, as well as shape the path for the future of the content business at Verizon.
Lead Fios Video Business
- Oversee sports league and platform partnerships, internally and externally.
- Serve as primary point of escalation for across Fios Video business verticals during negotiations
- Optimize Fios negotiation tactics and drive best practices that reflect the evolution of the Content business
- Identify points of leverage in existing linear content pipeline for partnership opportunities that drive new revenue for Verizon Business Group and Verizon Media Group
- Drive cross-functional communication between groups, getting alignment and consensus and reconciling multiple pipelines.
- Identify new opportunities and lead negotiations when needed; ensure successful execution and operationalization of new partnerships.
- Collaborate extensively with peer internal organizations on promotions / offers, ensuring consistent internal/external messaging and effective translation of strategic plan into implementation of most preferred deal terms.
Develop New Opportunities for Growth for Verizon in the Fios Content and Media Industry
- Set and exceed aggressive goals for generating new revenue and/or value for Verizon using Fios content a key lever.
- Assign and formalize values of Verizon media and distribution platforms
- Collaborate with the Head of Content Strategy and Business Development on new opportunities in the OTT space.
Manage and Facilitate the Professional Development of the Individuals on the Content Team:
- Hire and manage a team to highest standards of performance
- Cultivate an environment that encourages cross-functional teamwork, cooperation and open lines of communication horizontally and vertically.
- Emphasize career development and advancement.
- Prioritize and deliver clear, consistent, and actionable feedback.
- Model expert executive communication by delegating down and reporting up, providing opportunities for project ownership and visibility for your direct reports with leadership.
What we’re looking for...
- Exceptional communicator, verbally and visually.
- You are a big picture thinker with a strong grasp of industry trends and a predisposition for market disruption.
- Deep understanding of a dynamic multi-platform content market (including linear acquisition and distribution business models, the technological underpinnings of digital content distribution platforms, and a thorough understanding of the wireless business).
- Ability to develop and deploy systems and processes as related to multiplatform content acquisition and partner management.
- Comfort reviewing, dissecting, digesting, questioning and drawing conclusions from various data sets.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and cross-functionally as part of a larger team.
What You Need to Have
- 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Translated market knowledge and strategy into compelling stories presented to senior executives.
- Proven leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders
- A track record of success in partner management, business development, and deal negotiation.
- Strong people management and organization skills
- Understand market dynamics, customer trends and the competitive cross-platform media and entertainment landscape.
- Anticipate risks and drive risk management with a cross-functional team.
- Strong self-initiative and persistence, ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and drive clarity in key areas.
Even Better If You Have
- Master’s or other advanced degree – MBA preferred.
- Digital experience and an understanding of trends and key business drivers
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $241,000 and $489,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.