Executive Director, Commercial Enablement, MAH IT ( MERCUSR109172ENUS)
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Executive Director Commercial Enablement, Animal Health Information Technology, will be accountable for all aspects of the company's Animal Health’s Sales and Marketing technology initiatives, including demand management and prioritization, business case development, solutions architecture and design, platform roadmap development, solutions delivery and, ultimately, system adoption, scaling and business outcome realization across all markets worldwide. The Global Commercial IT Leader will set and achieve aggressive business value realization targets across a wide range of technology-enabled commercial initiatives including Field Effectiveness, Remote Customer Engagement, Multi-channel Digital Marketing, Lead Generation and Management, Pricing and Rebates Management, and Commercial Data and Analytics Services among others. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing commercial technology integration strategies and solutions for the company's Animal Health Intelligence business and other businesses to be acquired in the future.
The Animal Health Global Commercial IT Leader will work in a highly collaborative capacity with global IT leaders for Data and Application Architecture, Networking, Security, Risk Management, Cloud Computing, SAP, eCommerce and other disciplines. The successful candidate will operate in a highly consultative capacity with Animal Health’s Digital Transformation Leader and with General Managers, Marketing and Sales leaders around the globe to qualify and prioritize demand, to develop market-tailored global solutions, to provide post-installation process and technology hyper-care and to drive technology adoption and business value realization.
The Animal Health Global Commercial IT Leader will staff, develop and inspire a 40-50 person team of top talent with deep expertise in Sales and Marketing technologies, business processes, challenges and solutions. The selected candidate will be a critical contributor to Animal Health’s larger Digital Transformation initiative and, as such, will provide quarterly progress reports to Animal Health’s Senior Executive Operating Committee. The position reports to the CIO, Animal Health.
- Development and execution of commercial IT strategies to digitally enable and accelerate Sales and Marketing objectives – revenue, market share and profitability growth, customer engagement and demand generation expansion, brand awareness and reputation acceleration.
- Management and prioritization of global demand for commercial platforms and services
- Development of business cases and securing of capital and operating funds to support execution
- Creation, communication and execution of clear commercial IT solutions roadmaps
- Development and delivery of efficient, reusable component application and data architectures in conjunction with the organizational CTO
- Collaboration with global IT infrastructure teams ensuring proper compliance, security and architectural alignment with company standards
- Establishment and execution of market launch timelines aligned with commercial business partner objectives and market readiness evaluations
- Development, delivery and application of market enablement tools and capabilities assuring rapid and effective market adoption of delivered technologies
- Design and delivery of post-installation hyper-care services to assure proper sustainment of delivered solutions
- Creation, management and reporting of key transactional and financial success metrics for delivered platforms and services
- Identification, prototyping and evaluation of new innovations in the commercial space in conjunction with key business partners
- Effective recruitment, development and inspiration of top talent
- Oversite and championing of a diverse and inclusive work environment where all individuals share equally in opportunities to contribute, grow, advance and thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Science, MS or MBA preferred
- 15 years of IT leadership with at least 5 years of senior leadership experience in a commercial, Sales and Marketing, domain
- Track record of successful execution of a variety of commercial digital initiatives – e.g. CRM, Omni-channel digital marketing, eCommerce, social networking, pricing and rebates management, sales and marketing analytics
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize global demand for technology solutions
- Successful development and presentation of financial business cases for technology programs resulting in funding necessary to assure execution
- Experience leading within an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Successful introduction of new technologies – e.g. cloud computing, AI, machine learning
- Demonstrable success in driving market adoption of delivered systems. Expertise leading change management / market enablement initiatives
- Strong program management skills. Demonstrable ability to develop and execute complex cross-functional programs against aggressive delivery timelines.
- Proven ability to build highly effective collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Executive presence. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with senior executives, gaining support and endorsement of large-scale enterprise-wide IT initiatives
- Experience building, motivating, developing and mentoring highly capable diverse teams
- Success in building, championing and maintaining a respectful, inclusive professional culture where all are equally able to succeed as their natural, authentic selves
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1