Executive Director US Pricing & Access ( MERCUSR115092ENUS)
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
This position is responsible for pricing strategy, policy and operations in the U.S. market. The position is also part of the Global Pricing Leadership Team within the Global Market Access organization. In that capacity the position contributes to development of global pricing strategies, policy and operations in addition to the U.S. responsibilities. The position is also a de facto member of US Leadership team and collaborates closely with all functions related to pricing, including Marketing, IAM (managed markets group), State Government Affairs & the Washington Federal Policy Office, Legal, Compliance and Customer Contract Management. The position is also responsible for ensures effective pricing implementation consistent with our Company's policy, ethical guidelines, business principles and all laws and regulations.
Primary activities of the Executive Director, Global Market Access, US Region Pricing are as follows:
- Works collaboratively with U.S. colleagues and leads a diverse staff of direct and dotted-line Franchise Pricing Directors and Assoc. Directors who collectively support all elements of US Region pricing strategy and price authorization across the product portfolio including primary care, hospital, specialty, vaccines, and oncology products.
- Supervises the development of product launch pricing and discounting strategy and subsequent enhancements throughout the brand’s lifecycle.
- Exercises responsibility for price stewardship of the US Pricing Governance including chairing the US Pricing Committee, the Vaccine Pricing Committee, ensuring compliance with the US Pricing Grant of Authority (GOA), oversight of compliance with state price reporting regulations, our Company's Annual Price Transparency report, our Company's Net Price Increase Pledge, and successful completion of internal audits as needed.
- Acts as a Center of Excellence for knowledge of the U.S. pricing system, including the characteristics of and regulations governing Medicaid, Medicare, the 340B program, the Federal Supply Schedule, Medicaid best price, Average Sales Price, hospital reimbursement methodology, pricing methodologies, pricing services, and pharmacy and PBM operations and reimbursement, among other things.
- Plays an important role in ensuring the integrity of our Company's obligations in connection with price reporting, including Medicaid Best Price
- Oversees pricing operations including the development and execution of the US annual and long- range operating pricing plan, maintenance of departmental data and records including price document archives, GOA, product price catalog, departmental SOPs, and our Company's U.S. Terms and Conditions.
- Supports and provides oversight of the development and operation of our Company's Assistance Programs (e.g., reimbursement HUBs).
- Contributes to the evaluation of, and response to, legislative and regulatory proposals that affect drug pricing in the US., including working with our Company's Washington Office and trade associations.
- Contributes to global pricing strategies and operations, including responsibility for one or more global franchises
- Other duties in support of US regional pricing and global pricing as assigned.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree; Advance degree preferable
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Marketing or Marketing Support function, including Pricing, Payer, Legal, Market Access, Contracting, Strategy Realization, Sales, Finance, Market Research, CORE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Deep knowledge of the US pricing and payor environment, including the characteristics of and regulations governing Medicaid, Medicare, the 340B program, the Federal Supply Schedule, Medicaid best price, Average Sales Price, hospital reimbursement methodology, pricing methodologies, pricing services, and pharmacy and PBM operations and reimbursement, among other things.
- Experience in US managed markets and execution across payor and provider segments
- Knowledge of program operations for patient reimbursement services, financial assistance, and patient assistance programs.
- International pharmaceutical or vaccine pricing
- Product Marketing
- Product knowledge across the Company portfolio
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1