Organon - Executive Director, Global Research and Development Quality and Compliance Lead ( MERCUSR102972ENUS)
The purpose of the Research & Development Global Quality & Compliance Lead is to lead and provide end to end quality and compliance strategies globally and across partnerships. This position serves as a designated point of contact for R&D functions related to GCP, GVP, GLP and Company compliance related activities, ensuring regional/country pathways for support through assigned team members.
The Lead provides overall R&D quality assurance support in line with the execution of global quality processes, ensuring local and regional attributes are suitable against both global & local requirements. The Lead is responsible for ensuring key quality principles are considered and incorporated when designing new programs, risk mitigation strategies for programs underway and utilization of process metrics to inform the state of quality across business process execution.
As a member of the R&D Quality Leadership team, the Lead is responsible and accountable to make quality an enabler to the business and partner of choice. The Lead will work collaboratively to support the build and optimization of the R&D QMS; activities include quality issue management advice, inspection strategy and support, and a key advisor on process excellence and development activities. Through a principles-based quality approach, the Lead enables the business to uphold the rights and welfare of patients and trial participants, strive for data integrity in support of critical business and regulatory decision making and anchor in commitment to scientific integrity, driving quality proactively.
- As a member of the Research & Development Quality Assurance (QA) Leadership Team, champions the QA mission and sets Research & Development QA policies and long- term strategies. In collaboration with other R&D sub-functions, the Lead develops strategies to promote successful health authority inspections and submission approval outcomes.
- The Research & Development QA Regional Lead effectively engages teams and has proven ability to represent Research & Development QA aligned strategies and processes. The role will deliver critical expertise to the Research & Development QA LT, organization, customers and stakeholders via quality audit processes, systems, and responsibilities. The Research & Development QA Regional Lead will conduct timely and efficient internal communication of resource and data quality matters.
- The Research & Development QA Regional Lead demonstrates capacity to advise teams and individuals, including mentoring and coaching colleagues, as needed.
- The Research & Development QA Regional Lead will be responsible for staff and talent management development, including performance management.
- The Research & Development QA Regional Lead will maintain a current knowledge of industry quality trends is needed along with capacity to continue to build quality knowledge internally and externally. May assume responsibility for other activities/functions within Research & Development QA as required.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Advanced academic qualification/degree
- Equivalent relevant professional experience will be considered.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of R&D oversight experience or relevant experience in clinical/regulatory/medical affairs quality management, biomedical science, clinical development, or regulatory strategy; equivalent experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in working with and directly communicating with senior leaders with proven accountability, and demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated teaching and coaching capabilities and experience as a manager of people
- Proven ability to function autonomously at a senior level in a matrix model and in a team environment
- Proven business management capability
- Proven ability to think creatively and to develop and execute strategic plans
- Travel Required: up to 30%
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICH GCP, GLP, GPvP, clinical development and principles of quality assurance
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Probes all sources for answers; can identify hidden problems and is excellent at analysis
- Goes beyond the obvious and seeks novel approaches to complex issues
- Able to communicate complex information and analyses to a variety of scientific and non- scientific audiences in both verbal and written formats
- Considers customers, including regulatory agencies, clinical and safety, in developing strategies, risk priorities and future direction
- Credible, with proven leadership skills to develop and grow next generation of Research & Development QA professionals
Who we are …
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions.
Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
At launch, we will be more than 10,000 Founders strong, ready to rise together as we make a difference in a new way. As Founders, employees will create their future and will help shape the direction of Organon and its impact on the world. Our culture reflects our passion for those we champion.
At Organon, we all belong. We embrace diversity and give it a voice. Our commitment to supporting women is reflected in the make-up of our leadership team, which is majority female and our diversity of experience is core to who we are and what we are designed to do.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1