Executive Underwriter, Inland Marine (337596)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a skilled Inland Marine Underwriter to join its Middle Market Commercial Insurance practice.
The Inland Marine Specialist Underwriter has senior responsibilities including a renewal book of $3M - $4M and a new business goal of approximately $1.5M-$2M annually. The position will be responsible for driving profitable growth with New York Region agents and brokers. Ideally, this role will include underwriting Builder’s Risk, Fine Arts, Contractors Equipment, Motor Truck Cargo, Transit, Installation Floaters, Equipment Dealers, and other Inland Marine coverages. Depending upon the candidate’s interest and expertise, there will also be an opportunity to underwriter Ocean Cargo. This position will collaborate within a large team of UW other underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, and home office management as necessary. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, results oriented with solid business and underwriting acumen.
Location: Flexible on location, but must travel to the Northeast Region
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Focused knowledge and experienced in Inland Marine. Experience with Ocean Cargo is a plus.
- Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals while actively identifying account rounding opportunities for other Chubb practices
- This position must collaborate with other underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, and home office management as necessary. The underwriter must implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book growth, and successful producer relations.
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining, and managing producer and customer relationships.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources.
Knowledge of marketing principles, pricing/rate strategies and how to apply them to attain underwriting profit.
- Candidate must possess a high degree of proficiency with the underwriting process, with a solid background in risk analysis.
- Candidate must have ability to effectively interact with all levels of customers and collaborate with a team of underwriters, claims and loss control personnel.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products, and pricing strategies expected.
• 7-10 years of experience.
• Must have proven marketing and negotiation skills
• Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.