Executive D&O Underwriter (337925)
Executive D&O Underwriter
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The D&O Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to underwrite individual D&O risks through a demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Westchester Professional Risk department while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify Wholesale D&O Professional Risk risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
KEY OBJECTIVE: Under limited supervision, primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
a. Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
b. Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
c. Binds coverage
d. Documents the underwriting files
e. Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
f. Guides and mentors junior staff