Executive Underwriter- Management Liability (338864)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks through a demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms, and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
- Leadership – Responsible for training and mentoring of staff
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
- Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
- Binds coverage
- Documents the underwriting files
- Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
- Developing junior staff
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Internet usage
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation & marketing skills
- 7-10 years of Underwriting experience or related experience
- College Degree or related experience
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background can contribute to our collective success.