Executive Underwriter – Global Casualty (337921)
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Executive Underwriter in our Philadelphia Branch. CGC is the largest operating division in Chubb Major Accounts; our focus is Fortune 1,000 companies and large organizations with risk taking appetites. We offer customized & complex primary loss sensitive programs tailored to our client’s business needs and operations. The core lines of business include: Workers Compensation, Texas Non-Subscription and Retention Clash.
The Executive Underwriter is responsible for production, underwriting and maintenance of new and renewal domestic casualty accounts within a defined territory. In addition, the Executive Underwriter is responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers and clients within the assigned territory to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities while representing all Chubb Global Casualty segments and products.
The Executive Underwriter will:
- Handle day-to-day servicing for a book of large, complex, loss-sensitive accounts.
- Be responsible for growth and retention of assigned book.
- Negotiate the annual pricing, terms and conditions on renewal business.
- Work on new business opportunities with key brokerage firms for their assigned territory, design and propose appropriate program structures and pricing for said opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with their brokers and clients.
- Develop a pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years underwriting experience including time spent in the primary casualty loss sensitive space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, Employers Liability and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions – included but not limited to ISO AL and NCCI Workers Compensation coverage forms and endorsements.
- Understanding of large retention and deductible programs and the credit and collateral implications of such programs
- Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and hazard analysis. Ability to analyze claims and loss trends
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.