Government and Public Service Sales Executive - Medicaid Enterprise Solutions (51230)
- Develop leads, cultivate a targeted list of prospects and lead sales efforts within a targeted set of states working closely with Account and Practice leaders
- Develop relationships and collaborate with Deloitte leadership to formulate and execute on a go-to-market strategy
- Understand the competitive landscape and client needs in order to effectively position MES and Deloitte's consulting services
- Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assist account teams and practice leaders with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Play a leadership role/drive pursuits and contribute to the development of proposals and coach the team through orals preparation.
- Represent Deloitte by spending time in the field, and at conferences/policy forums
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data working with Sales Operations team
The ideal candidate will have a significant level of Medicaid, MMIS or similar business development and executive relationship experience with a proven track record in selling consulting services. The candidate will understand how to develop go-to-market plan that targets the Medicaid/MMIS consumer. The candidate will understand the professional service delivery process and ideally will have experience delivering engagements at some point within their career. Candidates should have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience as a named account executive and/or business development manager serving State and Local clients
- Strong consulting, Health and Human Services and Medicaid background. In-depth understanding of the state government Medicaid enterprise industry and key business issues
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a client organization
- Ability to integrate, influence, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in client pursuits
- Bring executive presence, poise and a commitment to superior quality in all aspects of work
- Travel up to 70% (While 70% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- • Bachelor's degree
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.