Solutions Executive - Government Sales ( 583332-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join a team of talented, passionate professionals dedicated to addressing operational inefficiencies, traffic congestion, safety, and equitable transportation through a broad suite of solutions that leverage the power of Verizon’s communications infrastructure, solutions, and services. As a Solutions Executive, you will partner with key stakeholders - wireless and wireline account teams, product management, marketing, legal, and external partners - to advise and develop strategies that earn our spot as a trusted advisor to Verizon’s public sector customers in the transportation domain.
- Provide transportation domain expertise in support of business development and sales activities.
- Develop and execute on comprehensive sales and go to market strategy, defining solutions, target customer segments, target accounts, and routes to market.
- Provide concrete input to define transformational vision and roadmap for customers, leveraging the breadth of Verizon’s solutions and services.
- Develop deep relationships with state, local, and federal government customers in the transportation domain, as their trusted advisor.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through external publications and active participation in industry events and panels.
- Develop relationships with regional and national partners to complement solution offerings and jointly go to market. This is including, but not limited to, solution providers in the transportation, mobility, and traffic management space as well as consultants specializing in the built environment, transportation, and mobility industries. Work with partner teams to operationalize.
- Train, enable, and jointly sell with Verizon regional and local sales teams to act as a force multiplier, accelerating sales activity in select region/s.
- Represent sales and the voice of the customer to Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, and share a keen understanding of buyers, their needs, their influencers, and broader market dynamics in the transportation and mobility space.
- Pursue creative sources of funding, including grants, public private partnerships, and other financing mechanisms.
- Support deal pursuit through industry-standard buying/procurement processes, including unsolicited proposals, sole source justification, and RFI/RFQ/RFP etc.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six years or more of experience in a complex enterprise solution sales environment with a strong preference for experience selling to the public sector. This includes cities, counties, departments, and transportation agencies.
- Experience selling complex solutions or services - cloud, SaaS, IOT, security, and professional services.
- Experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Experience in Data analytics for traffic operations and/or transportation planning.
- Experience in Solutions for traffic congestion and safety.
- Experience in Connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Experience in Fleet operations.
- Experience in Freight/logistics.
- Experience in Transit operations.
- Experience in Airport/port operations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong client relationship skills with the ability to cultivate trust-based relationships at the senior executive level to become a trusted advisor.
- An established presence at industry events with frequent speaking engagements.
- Consultative sales experience a big plus, including tenure at consulting firms, having driven transportation engagements. Understanding how to position the right solutions to address a customer’s priorities and pain points will be key.
- Experience developing and managing strategic partnerships or channel sales relationships.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $132,000 and $245,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is a commission based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).