Vice President, Executive Engagement and Spokesperson - Advisory Board Research - Washington, D.C. or Telecommute (109682431)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is for Optum/United Health Groups’ Research arm, Advisory Board.
Advisory Board is a best practice research firm that was acquired by Optum in 2017. For over 40 years, Advisory Board research has been the health care industry’s guiding light, bringing our provider and service provider members closer to best practice performance. We help leaders and future leaders in the health care industry work smarter and faster by providing provocative insights, actionable strategies, and practical tools to support execution. Learn more about Advisory Board.
- Serve as Advisory Board healthcare industry expert for C-suite clients across the healthcare ecosystem - be able to go broad on many healthcare topics and be able to work across markets - with a primary focus on life sciences, health technology, and government stakeholders
- Independently conduct C-suite level conversations, presentations, facilitated discussions, educational experiences, and retreats on topics that cross the Advisory Board research agenda
- Identify value measurement approach for all client interactions, implement approach, and serve critical role in communicating value delivered and securing ongoing funding/renewal of contracts
- Serve as Advisory Board branded spokesperson and ambassador, with a primary focus on life sciences, government, and health technology including:
- Conduct keynote speaking engagements, including sponsored, internal and external events, at major industry conferences
- Engage in brand-level digital channels like Radio Advisory podcast, Stay up to Date weekly webinar series, webinars
- Represent Advisory Board research and perspective to major media outlets, in partnership with Advisory Board and Optum marketing and branding teams
- Use social media channels to promote Advisory Board brand awareness
- Provide input back to product management, commercial, and research teams in order to continuously improve our product definition and success, generate leads and build strategic relationships, and set a meaningful agenda with relevant, critical, and timely topics with a primary focus on relevance to the life sciences, health technology, and government markets
- Serve as critical commercial partner fostering new strategic relationships with healthcare market executives (especially those in life sciences, health technology, and government), generating and fostering leads, and evolving more expansive portfolios with strategic clients both for Advisory Board and more broadly for Optum. This role is not on a commissions-based compensation plan; however, performance against commercial goals will have a significant impact on performance ratings and annual bonus earnings.
- Serve as an executive sponsor to our largest partners in the life sciences, health technology, and/or government spaces, architecting our Advisory Board relationship and leading service delivery to key executives by
- Establishing executive level conversations and relationships
- Supporting a service plan that creates value for the partnerships
- Capturing and communicating the value of these relationships and continuing to grow the portfolio (i.e. upsell)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years work experience
- 10+ years of combined experience in healthcare research and either account management/client service delivery or sales primarily working with C-Suite level
- 12+ months of experience working for or conducting research in one or more of the following healthcare segments: life sciences, healthcare technology, government
- 12+ months doing new product development
- Demonstrated experience working with provider, life sciences, and health plans in order to provide a healthcare industry perspective
- Demonstrated ability to independently present and facilitate sessions with C-suite executives, especially for large audiences on a big stage
- Willingness to travel, up to 60%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strategic thinker, self-directed leader and a collaborative team member
- Dynamic and compelling communication and presentation style, ability to captivate and convince an executive audience
- Sales experience and a desire to sell and form large strategic partnerships
- Energized by speaking in front of large audiences and a desire for media presence
- Comfort with ambiguity, works well with others at all levels within the organization
- Strong negotiation and multi-stakeholder consensus-building skills
- Willingness to build knowledge and expertise across the healthcare industry, especially in markets that are unfamiliar
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.