Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (105817495)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Staff Accountant will ensure the quality of financial data used in management decisions and analyze medical and financial data. Other responsibilities include the timely and accurate preparation of assigned journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and supporting the contracted physician payment process.
This position offer a $5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates.
This role requires some onsite work at a corporate location 5130 Sunforest Drive, Suite 300 Tampa, FL 33634
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Ensures timely/accurate processing of affiliate payments and payment support
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting/analysis
- Assists in the maintenance of all journal entries, supporting documentation, journal entry checklist and other routine procedures. Prepares documentation to provide an audit trail.
- Creates and prepares reconciliations of the general ledger balances. Analyzes accounts to determine the appropriateness of the balance. Maintains supporting documentation. Develops or recommends adjustments to journal entries when necessary
- Assists in developing more efficient methods to improve processes
- Exhibits a high level of self-accountability and proactive awareness regarding developing trends that could result in risks, or opportunities, for the organization
- Provides support for monthly SOX compliance testing
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Info Systems, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor’s degree major/minor in Accounting, Management Info Systems, or Business Analytics
- 1+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Healthcare industry experience
- Managed care experience
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid attention to detail on all work performed
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Tampa, FL, Florida