Senior Accountant (Job Number: 2204547 )
The Penske Senior Accountant position has responsibility for reviewing financial statements, journal entries, and complete variance reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide expertise and accounting support to our Controllership & Senior Management Teams as well as Penske Field & Corporate offices.
Location: 2675 Morgantown Road Reading, PA 19607
Work Schedule: Hybrid (Remote 2 days/Onsite 3 days)
- Maintains financial records and financial statements and prepares various monthly consolidated financial reports and analysis.
- Investigates material, sometimes complex, for various balance sheet fluctuations, and document differences for management.
- Prepare process measures to monitor sources that feed general ledger.
- Perform required monthly financial close related activities including preparing required journal entries to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Prepare financial analysis to support financial position of Penske
- Work with global teams
- Support special projects as assigned by manager
- At least 3 years experience in the field of accounting required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF is preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job. Associates are currently permitted to work remotely up to two days per week.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Finance/Accounting
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Senior Accountant
Req ID: 2204547