Senior Technical Accountant
Senior Technical Accountant (Job Number: 2203598 )
The Penske Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting position has responsibility for performing research and analysis, reviewing transactions and disclosures, evaluating controls, and documenting policies. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide expertise and accounting support to process owners throughout Controllership as well as other departments within Finance.
Work location: 2675 Morgantown Rd., Reading PA 19607
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm, Hybrid schedule 3 days onsite and 2 days remote
- Research, analyze, and document conclusions, in accordance with authoritative accounting literature, on significant accounting and reporting matters.
- Review accounting transactions and disclosures for compliance with U.S. GAAP and other regulations.
- Develop and review processes to ensure efficient and effective internal controls are maintained.
- Update accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Monitor FASB/SEC activities and the financial disclosures of peer companies.
- Support special projects as assigned by the manager.
- At least 3 years experience in the field of accounting is required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Regular, predictable, and full attendance is an essential function of the job. Associates are currently permitted to work remotely up to two days per week.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to read, communicate verbally and/or in written form, remember and analyze certain information, and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Finance/Accounting
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Senior Accountant
Req ID: 2203598