Staff Accountant - Renton, WA
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology -enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work (SM).
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for a wide range of accounting and accounting related activities such as month-end close, accrual accounting and month-end account reconciliations, variance analysis and reporting. This position will be responsible for 340b accounting and analysis, and other accounting duties as assigned. Must have a solid understanding of accounting and an analytical aptitude. This individual must be able to work alone under self-direction and also work well with cross-functional teams to resolve accounting issues. Good communications skills are essential, as the position has contacts to various levels within the organization.
***This is a hybrid role requiring one to two days per week in our office in Renton, WA.***
- Prepares 340B Accounting entries, reconcile 340b invoices and prepare reports for month end close and payment cycle, reconcile 340B GL accounts
- Performs monthly variance analysis by GL account against prior periods and budget
- Prepares and review assigned accounts in monthly balance sheet account reconciliation
- Prepares year end schedules and support audit requests
- Assists in supporting team, answer accounting related questions and assisting accounting staff as help is needed
- Responds to a variety of requests related to 340B from Accounting, Accounts Payable, Operations (both Genoa and Optum), the Covered Entity and Third Party Administrators
- Identify and implement process improvements and strive to follow best practices to enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of individual and teamwork product
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Provides coverage for team as needed
- Has the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager, Director or Executive Management. *This is a requirement during End of Month Close
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field combined with accounting work experience)
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- CPA or CPA candidate and public accounting experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including the ability to create templates, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs/HLOOKUPs/XLOOKUPs, etc.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or PeopleSoft
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast-paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.