Indirect Tax Accountant
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Indirect Tax Accountant
What Will You Do?
The Indirect Tax Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and filing of the sales tax, property tax, fuel excise tax returns for all US companies. This individual will support tax audits, inquiries, and notices. The Indirect Tax Accountant will work closely with the Indirect Tax Manager and other tax specialists within the department. Individual will also aid the Indirect Tax Manager with various projects and communications with internal and external customers.
- Prepare tax journal entries for accounting.
- Review invoice for use tax accruals.
- Reconcile sales and use tax reports for multiple states.
- Prepare, file, and pay sales and use tax returns accurately and timely.
- Research sales and use tax laws for different industries and for multiple states.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Support state tax audits, inquiries, and notices.
- Keep abreast of current developments in sales and use tax.
- Develop systems and procedures that lead to process improvements.
- Be an information source to the tax group.
- Tax projects as they arise.
- Prepare and submit annual personal property tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 to 3 years of sales tax experience.
- Tax research experience.
- Experience with manufacturing, transportation, and retail industries.
- Ability to grow by assuming an increased level of responsibility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of sales & use tax law.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Work independently, as well as in team environment.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.