Tax Accountant Senior
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Senior Tax Accountant
What Will You Do?
Assists in the preparation of the timely filing of federal and multi-state income tax returns for the various Ashley entities. Apply tax and accounting knowledge to appropriately complete returns and advise management on proper planning and compliance. Work with various internal departments to ensure tax compliance. Assist with external income tax audits to minimize potential tax liabilities. Assist with special tax projects as needed.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and assist with preparation of tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- Tax law research.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Develop systems and procedures that lead to process improvements.
- Be an information source to the tax group within the company.
- Tax projects as they arise.
What do you Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 + years of business tax preparation experience preferred
- Public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with closely held businesses
- Tax research experience
- Experience with manufacturing, transportation, and retail industries
- Ability to grow by assuming an increased level of responsibility
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Tax law and GAAP
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently, as well as in team environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge fixed asset tax lives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Experience CCH Access
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.