Mid Accountant (Job Number: 2223772 )
Penske is seeking an ambitious Mid-Accountant to join our Controllership team. Penske is a leader in the transportation industry. We help move lives and businesses forward. The Mid-Accountant will assist with the preparation and review of account reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal accounting policy. This role will support the Penske Finance community in their continued effort to maintain strong internal controls. In addition, this position will participate in special projects.
- Assist the global team in monthly preparation, review, and sign-off of cash related account reconciliations and assist in the clearance of open items.
- Collaborate with the treasury department to resolve cash open items and review the process to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide measures and monthly reports for internal and external customers.
- Maintain and update the weekly security deposit activities for Canada and work with districts to confirm customer’s refund and other inquires.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for security deposits related to Canada & Australia entities and upload support on RCM (Account Reconciliations system).
- Drive process improvement throughout the account reconciliation process and enhance accounting controls.
- Prepare and review journal entries.
- Integrate LEAN into daily process.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- 1-2 years related experience and basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF preferred
- Strong organization, attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong team player and self-driven individual
- Regular, predictable, and full attendance is an essential function of the job. Associates are currently permitted to work remotely up to two days per week.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Finance/Accounting
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Mid Accountant
Req ID: 2223772