Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This role is primarily responsible for preparation of financial statements and reports, month end closing and reporting, account reconciliations, compliance in local tax and reporting requirements.
- Provide support to prepare financial statements including balance sheet, statements of profit and Loss and Notes to Accounts as per Schedule III of companies Act, 2013
- Perform financial statement variance analysis (both PL & BS) and explanation (period-over-period actuals)
- Responsible for Lease accounting, Fixed Assets accounting & maintenance of Fixed assets register as per USGAAP, Companies Act & Income Tax Act
- Month end closing and reporting
- Perform account reconciliations and detailed scrutiny of items lying in the Balance sheet
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications in accordance with local GAAP
- Preparation of Bank reconciliation statements
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Professional qualification Charted Accountant
- 3 - 5 year of experience of handling financial statements and month end reporting
- Sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, Knowledge of IND-AS, standard on auditing.
- Working knowledge of ERP (Ex: PeopleSoft, Essbase, Excel, etc)
- Experience working with deadlines (i.e., month-end close process) and proven ability to be successful in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills & an inquisitive mind, strong communication skills and documentation ability, detail oriented, self-motivated and ability to proactively work toward a goal
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.