Senior Accountant - DFW or San Antonio,TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
If you are located in San Antonio or DFW area, Texas, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups
- Review budget variances on the account, department, and location level and prepare necessary journal entries
- Maintain allocation schedule for clinics based on employees per location
- Performs work in a self-directed manner and works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serve as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excel experience to include pivot tables and more complex formulas such as VLookups, HLookups, and If then statements
- Candidate to be based in the DFW area or San Antonio, Texas
- 10% travel as needed
- Healthcare industry experience
- PeopleSoft Experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.