Accountant - Irving, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Accountant position is an integral part of the accounting team with responsibilities for accurate, timely and complete processing of transactions to the general ledger. This position is responsible for providing support to the accounting department by researching and reviewing GL transactions and making corrections as needed, performing general month end close responsibilities and performing ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Download cash transactions from the bank daily and prepare journal entries to record those transactions on the general ledger
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries to allocate expenses for locations with multiple departments
- Review large amounts of data to ensure proper coding is used
- Prepare journal entries to reclass items with incorrect coding
- Assist with Month End Close by preparing journal entries and reviewing financial information
- Work with multiple departments and locations to track and record monthly drug inventory on the general ledger
- Work with Accounting Manager to monitor Construction in Process to ensure construction invoices are coded correctly and that fixed assets are set up on the general ledger in a timely manner
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of general ledger Accounting experience with month end close
- Microsoft Excel - intermediate to advanced level - must be able to sort and filter, import and export data, and use formulas and functions such as V-Lookups, pivots tables and analyzing large amounts of data
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Healthcare experience
- Fixed Asset experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase
- Experience working with multiple systems simultaneously
- Proactively develops solutions to new projects/assignments
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.