Project Accountant (Billing Specialist)
As a member of the Accounts Receivable team, this position will be reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager within the Hoffman Estates corporate office. The Project Accountant is responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned customers with responsibilities including contract and project review in the ERP system, timely and accurate monthly contract billing and ad-hoc special billing requests.
- Validate project set-up in the ERP system for accuracy in accordance with customer contracts.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and purchase orders, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare monthly client billing within the established deadlines.
- Ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with company policy.
- Actively participate in team oriented continuous improvement and automation projects.
- Assist AR Manager with month end close reporting and additional reporting requirements as needed.
- Work closely with customers with overdue accounts and attempt to collect the overdue amounts.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Ad hoc Accounts Receivable duties as assigned.
About us: The Vistex platform helps businesses finally get control of all their different promotions, rebates, SPAs, discounts, and other incentives. With so many programs across so many partner relationships, it can be impossible to see where all the money is going, let alone how much difference it’s actually making to revenue. With Vistex, business leaders can see the numbers, see what really works, and see what to do next – so they can make sure every dollar they spend really is driving more growth, not just more costs. It’s why global enterprises ranging from Coca-Cola to Sony to Grainger rely on Vistex every day. Vistex | Now it all adds up. ™
- 4 years: Experience in contract billing and contract management.
- Strong computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Office products; Advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables and VLOOKUP is required.
- Strong organizational skills to work large amount of data and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and contract review.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience combined
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Experience in working with SAP or large ERP system.
- Experience with Kimble software, Dynamics and Salesforce a plus.