Senior Accountant - Pennsylvania Hospital
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Accountant, PAH works closely with Accounting Supervisor in maintaining day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department. The Senior Accountant will partner with operational management with timely communications and provide a customer service orientation of financial services to all constituencies.
- Assist in monthly financial close process including review, analyses, and distribute of internal and external financial information. Maintains necessary schedules and documentation for monthly closings, quarterly reviews, and annual audit; Reviews financial data for accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness.
- Value Outpatient Accounts Receivable to NRV utilizing payor specific reimbursement rates.
- Prepare and maintain AR Related analyses.
- Review monthly transactions for unusual trends, resolve exceptions and correct errors.
- Assist supervisor in preparation of variance explanations.
- Create and maintain ad-hoc data to support detailed review and analysis of collection rates and revenue trends.
- Assist in annual net patient service revenue and statistical budget process.
- Assist in quarterly and annual external audit process including preparation of workpapers, flux schedules and other analyses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account analyses in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Perform special projects as required, including supporting the Annual Operating Budget Process.
- Work with Supervisor in resolving problems related to standard financial issues and practices.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of deposits from cash system to GL and of cash clearing to GL
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Consolidated Hospital AR, Bad Debt and NPR schedules.
- Responsible for reconciling other Patient Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis. Works with Supervisor to address issues.
- Applies GAAP and Penn Medicine Financial Reporting Standards without exception.
- Participates in valuation and analysis of net patient revenue and of the monthly financial statement package; Identify and recommend functions for automation as appropriate; Provide timely and accurate service to Department Directors, Administration, CFO, and other customers during the monthly close and budget process.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years of general accounting experience or related field required.
- Master of Arts or Science preferred.
- Certifies Public Accountant or MBA preferred.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.